New motorhome, what to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a "new to me" 2010 Itasca Meridian motorhome. The paint looks very good, good shine. A few minor blemishes, but over all good. I am searching for products that I can easily source, to keep the paint looking good and protected. The sun here is brutal. What would be recommended to do with this. I suppose wash, then clay, but then what. Chemical guys has a product that "repels" dirt that you use under or over wax, but honestly they have so many products that seem to do the same thing it's impossible for me to determine the proper products to use. Their are no vinyl graphics, it's all paint. Suggestions? I've tried to find a local mobile guy to do it but can't seem to find anyone that does motorhomes.

Having had several RV's getting it under cover or a good cover to put over it will afford the best protection. Any of the better marine/car waxes will work just fine.

Originally Posted by walterjay
Autogeek has McKees on closeout sale right now.

Yep. Some good deals there. The two are not associated with each other anymore. McKees and Autogeek that is.

Mainly keep it out of the sun. Cover or under a metal carport/shed.

Keep the seams sealed, check the roof penetrations for cracking caulk. Use Dicor self leveling roof sealer.

Use nothing with petroleum ingredients on the roof.
Clean the roof once a year with a proper product or snow white laundry powder mixed in water( no bleach)

I like eagle 1 wax as u dry. Faster than wax on wax off.
I wash often and spray the wax on the front before every trip.

Last edited:
Recently contacted Collinite about what wax to use in the Phoenix area.

They stated: "The best for the UV exposure is the 476s."

Looking at the size of this rig, your easiest bet is to use a SiO2 wash and seal soap that will leave a shine and good protection as well as clean. A good wash system using a wand or a foam nozzle would be ideal. For more protection a spray and seal type LSP would be the ticket. You want one that sprays on and rinses off versus one that requires manual application.

I wouldn't want to wax this in the usual way like a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back