Crawfish, It's A Louisiana Thang!

KROTZ SPRINGS, which is a small coona** town about 25 miles from me, produces about 95% of the crawfish and rice in this part of La. Right now they are in the starting phase of the Rice/Crawfish/Rice period. The crawfish that we are getting this Sunday are Atchafalaya spillway/levee crawfish. They are very similar to pond crawfish, but are much bigger. I prefer them over pond crawfish ANY DAY!

I grew up on Bayou Manchac in Ascension Parish. The bayou was about 200' from my back door. The swamp was about 100' from my front door. Boy, you talk about some good fishing and crawfishing in that swamp, yeah! We had plenty of Water Moccasin in that swamp to catch and skin for their hides, yeah! I sure do miss it.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I have lots of family in Prairieville. I am 100% Texan, but LA blood runs in my veins!
cool.gif
thumbsup2.gif

My aunt bought my mom and dads house on Bayou Manchac. When I visit my son in Gonzales, we sometimes go fishing there. That swamp has some big sac a lait and blue gill. Their house is right off of Hwy. 42.

Both sets of my grandparents are from LA. Dads folks came from Gueydan, LA., and Moms folks came from Cameron, LA. They all moved to TX in the late 50's to work in the refineries of SE TX, Port Arthur, specifically.

Back