Generac Power Washer Engine Oil Type.

Hi,

I am picking up a relations Generac Power Washer. They have owned it approximately 4 years with no maintenance performed on it!!! No engine oil change spark plug etc.

I have a spark plug on the shelf which I can use. But my question is I only have 5w30 fully synthetic, as all my small engine can use this oil.

Do you think 5w30 fully synthetic, will be safe in this power washer?

Sorry, no model number yet. Just asking for educational opinions.

Thanks.

i am no expert but that late in the game 4 yrs with a lack of routine maintenance.. just go with a quality 10w30 like formula shell castrol or pennzoil yellow bottle.

Last edited:
From your owners manual: www.generac.com

30 grade or 10w30. For Bittoggers, add 10.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
i am no expert but that late in the game 4 yrs with a lack of routine maintenance.. just go with a quality 10w30 like formula shell castrol or pennzoil yellow bottle.

Happened to have a photo:

2AD20BAD-FF79-4B4C-AD12-4D77FFE39159.jpeg

You can probably just clean and re-gap the spark plug. I'd use a 15w40. I'd check the pump oil as well.

Last edited:
4 years isn't a long time and it probably only has a few hours on it. Just use what you have. The biggest thing is making sure the oil is at the proper level before you use it.

100 hours of residential use would take several years to rack up. That is very little time on a small engine.

I would just use any 15W-40 HDEO due to no low temperatures and constant on-off demand heavy loads

Back