accidental fake fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
So a couple of weeks ago I had some unauthorized charges on my credit card. Turned off card, no problem.
A couple of days ago my wife saw some amazon charges on her card, I checked things I had ordered to be sure I did not accidentally use her card when ordering (I did not) so she cancels the card and reports fraud.
So today I see what happened: I had some autoship items which should have been charged to me, since I cancelled my card instead of getting an notification or going to one of my cards they were charged to my wife. I emailed Amazon to see they could refund and then charge me (trying to reverse the "fraudulent" charges) but they are not responding to email- they emailed to tell me that.
Since I don't want to be stealing, the only thing I can think to do is to return the autoship items and buy again and I am trying to avoid going out at all. Any other ideas?

Originally Posted by joaks
I had some autoship items which should have been charged to me, since I cancelled my card instead of getting an notification or going to one of my cards they were charged to my wife. I emailed Amazon to see they could refund and then charge me

So why not just leave them charged to your wife? You could pay her when she gets the bill. You do live together?

The money isn't the issue. It's that it was reported as fraud. I did some more googling, looks like only thing I can do is call the bank back.

Sometimes you have to jump through hoops to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back