Kitchen sink faucet leak help

Hi all,

So the kitchen sink faucet is an HC brand from Costco. Three years old and now it's dumping water underneath the sink. First it looks like there might be a crack around the weight that helps the water line retract but don't see anything. Worth fixing?Two anyone have good experiences with any brands i.e Moen, Price Pfister etc that aren't hundreds of dollars but reliable. Thanks

Does it only leak when the faucet is on or all the time? Hot or cold or both? If you have a damaged pull-out hose, it will leak only when turned on. Most connections, both before and after the valves, are screw type and you may just have a loose connection. Specifically check where the hose is attached to the valves. If it leaks there it dribbles down to the weight and drips from the weight making it look like a damaged hose, when, in fact, it just a loose hose connector.

Last edited:
You should be able to feel where the leak starts. Sometimes it helps to turn on the water.
The weight only surrounds the pull out hose; maybe it got pinched or punctured some how?
I have installed several Costco kitchen faucets (5 I can think of) with zero issues.

I just replace them; do not buy a cheapo. Quality counts.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WhyMe
take it out , return to costco and get a new one

I'd buy a decent one so you won't be replacing it again in three years...or less.

All good faucet have life time warranty. Determine the cause and call the manufacturer for replace part or replacement.

Check amazon warehouse, alot of faucets basically like new condition at a steep discount if you're flexible on finish or style. I got a kohler faucet a few months ago that looked it it was a return, everything was basically new and still in the wrappers. Be aware some of them that are made for single holes don't come with the cover plate so you might have to buy the cover plate separately. Some examples

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...p;mv_style_name=0&f_usedLikeNew=true
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...mv_style_name=all&f_usedLikeNew=true
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kitchen+faucet&i=tools&rh=n%3A228013%2Cn%3A3754161%2Cn%3A680340011%2Cn%3A3754311%2Cp_6%3AA2L77EE7U53NWQ%2Cp_89%3AKohler%7CMoen&s=price-asc-rank&dc&page=3&qid=1586216919&rnid=2528832011&ref=sr_pg_3

We have Grohe, Pfister, and Moen faucets. The Grohe feels extremely solid. I have no concerns about any of them lasting.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
take it out , return to costco and get a new one

Bought 2 bathroom faucets in 2016 from Costco, they started leaking just over 2 years later. Leak was at the body to spout joint - poor brazing job. No warranty according to Costco customer Service.

Originally Posted by gregk24
We have Grohe, Pfister, and Moen faucets. The Grohe feels extremely solid. I have no concerns about any of them lasting.

X2 on these brand.

I have used Pfister and Moen. Another one is Delta. Grohe is the top of the line and it is pricy.
When they leak, you just replace the cartridge valve and they are back to normal.
They don't leak where it is not supposed to leak.

+1 blue oval ,they will send parts if they fail mechanically or finish. Worth the money,cause getting under sink is work.

Originally Posted by JMJNet
Originally Posted by gregk24

X2 on these brand.

I have used Pfister and Moen. Another one is Delta. Grohe is the top of the line and it is pricy.
When they leak, you just replace the cartridge valve and they are back to normal.
They don't leak where it is not supposed to leak.

Meh, not really. Any of them will leak when the hose develops a crack. The difference is that if it has a lifetime warranty, you can just contact them and they'll send a new hose.

Granted, I actually USE the hose, constantly, so it gets more wear than from someone who never uses theirs, but I go through a hose about once every 3 years. Then again mind cost over $200 so you could buy multiple generic Chinese faucets and just swap in a new hose if that's the way you want to go, but the brushed stainless finish on mine is very nice, durable and doesn't show water spots.

Back