Shell Helix Ultra SN 10W-30

FCD

Browsing the Shell Spain site i found this :

https://www.shell.es/en-ruta/lubric...l-helix/shell-helix-ultra-sn-10w-30.html

Shell Helix Ultra SN 10W-30

Specifications :
API SN; ILSAC GF-5; Chrysler 6395; GM 6094M, 4718M.

I was very surprised to see this, it must be either very new or i simply have never seen it on the shelves.

10W-30 PCMOs are very rare, or almost non-existent in Europe.

Up intil now the only 10W-30 oils i have seen in Spain are HDEOs, STOU and Tractor oils.

That's not too surprising. Shell owns Pennzoil. I've noticed that some quaker state spec sheets are identical to the spec sheets of pennzoil products too since that too is owned by Shell.

I've yet to see a PCMO 10W-30 in my entire life here in Spain or anywhere in Europe.
Just like you don't see Dino 15W-40 PCMO´s in the U.S.

Doesn't appear to be on sale anywhere, at least yet.

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
I've yet to see a PCMO 10W-30 in my entire life here in Spain or anywhere in Europe.

I agree with you, I dont see 10W-30 Synthetics in malaysia either, unless its a boutique oil.
Shell Helix ultra In asia is always 5W30 or 5W40.

Originally Posted by alcyon

I agree with you, I dont see 10W-30 Synthetics in malaysia either, unless its a boutique oil.
Shell Helix ultra In asia is always 5W30 or 5W40.

I imagine it's because 10w-X is unable to qualify for a cert (passenger car) from an automaker.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I imagine it's because 10w-X is unable to qualify for a cert (passenger car) from an automaker.

Here 10W-40 oil come with a bunch of oem approvals such as VW, MB, Renault, PSA.

Back