VIRGIN PRIME GUARD POF-241 CUT OPEN

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. Had this filter from Subyrubieroo and decided I'd chop it open. Looks well made and Rural King sells this filter.

Enjoy the photos
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Imp4: I'd say it would be acceptable to use for 3k to 5k oci. I have cut I open some used ones that looked good.

I have decided to use fram tough guard/ULTRA or wix, MC 400S or "made in U.S.A." filters

Last edited:
Looks relatively sturdy for a $2 filter. I've previously bought this same filter at Rural King for use on my riding mower.

Made in China so I will not be purchasing any more.

Originally Posted by getawheel
Looks relatively sturdy for a $2 filter. I've previously bought this same filter at Rural King for use on my riding mower.

01.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

01.gif

I agree
If it's not made in USA, Canada or Mexico I'm not buying any more.
Just me

While I agree 100% with the homeland purchases, for John and Jane Doe trying to make it on a single fast-food wage, it's tough to justify the 3x to 4x higher costs sometimes on the MIUSA filters, as unfortunately the quality on the MICs seem much more consistent.

I mean, if China can make this filter, ship/truck it 7,200+ miles, and sell it for $2, why the h-e-double hockey sticks can't we make the same quality or better and sell it for $4 while only trucking it 700 miles??

The root cause? Even the really really crappy, poorly manufactured, torn, chewed baseplate filters aren't the real cause of engine failures. Poor maintenance and neglect are.

That said, I think Trump should make an executive order requiring every product MIUSA to have one full side of the package it's in to display the American Flag. What easier way to shop smart, and also to give the person in front of you a hard time for not buying American?
lol.gif

I can agree with everything you said. I've had to buy MIC stuff for years because there wasn't much of a choice if any and my personal reasons now with how the real world has become is real clear.
So in my buying decisions as far as automotive products are concerned when given a Choice, I'll Gladly pay more for
Made In USA 🇺🇸 Every time !
Hopefully more and more people will be able to do the same soon !ðŸ‘
And Subie
Good to hear from ya
Been awhile

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
I can agree with everything you said. I've had to buy MIC stuff for years because there wasn't much of a choice if any and my personal reasons now with how the real world has become is real clear.
So in my buying decisions as far as automotive products are concerned when given a Choice, I'll Gladly pay more for
And Subie
Good to hear from ya
Been awhile

I agree sir
10.gif

I was wondering if Chris (Subyrubieroo) was gonna send me more filters to "autopsy" now that I'm a bum, error "furloughed"
lol.gif

Last edited:
And Subie
Good to hear from ya
Been awhile

I agree sir
10.gif

I was wondering if Chris (Subyrubieroo) was gonna send me more filters to "autopsy" now that I'm a bum, error "furloughed"
lol.gif

Yeah
We need some filters that's new and different than the same ole run of the mill stuff we see around here.

Any ideas ?????

01.gif

I agree
Just me

Me too.

Scott

Originally Posted by SLO_Town

01.gif

I agree
Just me

Me too.

Scott

That's the one thing I don't like about Wix/Napa is that they can be pretty inconsistant where some filters come from. Went to get a 7060 Napa Gold to see about replacing the filter on my mom's Chrysler 200. Previous one that was on there was made in USA so I went I and bought one thinking it was USA made. That particular one wasn't.
mad.gif
and almost turned me off from the Napa filters. The 51356 has been made in Mexico for years now but I cant justify the price point at 8 or so bucks when I can get a US made TG or CARQUEST blue for the same price or slightly cheaper. For any cheapo filters uses if I have to do any unexpected oil changes, ill stick to the US made quaker states at menards for 3 bucks a pop

Last edited:
Back