My dog did not make it.

Sorry to hear that. We rescue a dog, Basejni mix 9 years ago and we had to put it down last year with bladder cancer. She was the best dog someone could ever ask for. Rest in peace Bella!

When a pet dies don't think getting another pet is replacing the one you lost. That can't be done. Think of it as giving another pet, a chance at a better life. Especially if it's a shelter animal. . They know how sitting in a cage all day feels, when no one is interested in them. And will appreciate your affection. Have them pick you, and you'll have a friend for life.,,,

SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR DOG.

BIGCAUNA, you are 100% right i get such a kick out of my shelter dogs so much personality.

And for some reason they seem to LOVE riding in the cars and trucks?

Steveistheoilguy

incredibly sad but remember that you gave that dog years of paradise, in the wild or on the streets they live 2-3 years and die horribly

in time only the good memories will be retained

that hurts like nothing else in the world /
the only times I ever get drunk is when one of my dogs dies /
doesn't help too much, but makes the first evening better /

Originally Posted by spasm3
I'm sorry man. It hurts. When you have a special bond, and its gone forever, it really hurts. You gave him a great life and the gift of not suffering.

This is an outstanding post....

Take care of yourself Chris... If you need anything... Let me know...

Sorry to hear about your dog Chris
frown.gif

Sorry to hear ... pets always hold a special place in one's heart. We've all been in this place, but time will heal the pain and the good memories will last forever.

When a beloved pet is suffering, sending them over the rainbow bridge is the right thing to do. I'm very sorry that you had to do this and I can relate to how you are feeling.
Over the years, I have found that the best way to get over the painful loss of a dog is to get another one, immediately, and not just another dog, a new PUPPY! Puppies demand SO much of your attention that you get over your painful loss almost overnight.

He'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and together you will cross over to a place where there will be nothing but happiness forever. He was a lucky dog to have you kind sir. We are still sad over every loss over the last fifty years. We feel very fortunate that they shared their life with us. We do the best we can for them, but in the end, it's always the same.

Back