First vehicle you ever purchased?

This got me thinking while face timing with mom and stepdad this morning. My first car I purchased was when I was 16 and was a tank of a 1987 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4dr. God, I somedays miss that car, learned a lot bout cars driving it and having a dad that knew GM stuff like a wizard helped. What was your first car you ever purchased?

1982 cadillac cimarron, in 1999, for $700. Was through family. It also helped me learn about cars, though it was basically solid, in hindsight.

First car I bought "on the open market" was a 1992 cutlass ciera, 3300 V6.
19.gif

1972 Fiat 124 Sport coupe. DOHC 1600cc in-line 4cyl. Weber carb, 5sp manual all synchro 4 wheel disc brakes.

Great engineering, great driving but worn and rusted out at 86,000 miles.

Puchased myself? 1977 Buick Regal 2 door; 350 buick engine and oddly a TH400 transmission, factory 8 track. $1400 in maybe 1987?

This is NOT my car, but similar, without T-top

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Car taught me to love cordovan tires...

Lesson learned; PO pulled out the distributor and couldn't figure out how to time it to put it back in, so he just f'ed with the distributor cap.

When I tuned it up I and replaced the cap I noticed it didn't look the same. Car wouldn't run....

Last edited:
1979 Dodge PowerWagon … had it as a DD until 1985 when the company gave me a new Crown Vic.
Kept it 17 years for hunting and hauling … beach bumming, surf fishing etc …
I put on the lift kit and 38's, winch, HD bumpers, and a few bolt on's for the small block Mopar.
Sold to a farmer/rancher who took the plates off and used it on his land …

This kind, 56 Nash, but Statesman, in this blue, 3 speed column with of course overdrive as most had. I have never had a car since with the quality of paint and chrome. Actually was the second car but a 53 4 door Ford Mainline sedan is less unusual. The cost was $65 mint condition in and out cosmetically and rust free 100%.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:56_Nash_Ambassador_Super_(7299693684).jpg

My 96' Chevy C1500 Silverado 5.7L. Had 144k miles in 2011 when I was 16. Got it for $700, just needed front brakes and a battery.

[Linked Image]

A 1981 Dodge Challenger.No AC,3 speed automatic,carburated,rear drive,manual window and lock,slow,good on gas with dollar a galon about 10 dollars filled up.Manual steering,lot of memories on it.

Originally Posted by ammolab
1972 Fiat 124 Sport coupe. DOHC 1600cc in-line 4cyl. Weber carb, 5sp manual all synchro 4 wheel disc brakes.

Great engineering, great driving but worn and rusted out at 86,000 miles.

Same here... Exactly.

63 VW Beetle. It had no heat as the heat exchangers were rusted out so the previous owner removed the hoses and stuffed some rags in the holes in back seat. All passengers were required to use scrapers to keep the inside of the car defrosted. The battery was shot when I bought it so I push started it by myself for the first few months. In a parking lot I could get the back going in circles while keeping the front end in the same spot. I "upgraded" to a Pinto after a year or so.

A 64-1/2 Mustang convertible with 14,000 miles on it. At the time I didn't really appreciate what I had. Drove it for four years got bored with it and than bought a new 73 VW Superbeetle.

Back