My dog did not make it.

Our dog that had Emergency surgery back in January to remove his spleen because it had Cancer had to be put down last Thursday. He stopped eating. Would not even eat his favorite treats.

We took him in because we felt that he was suffering and was not going to live much longer. Very depressing. I feel that he was robbed of a full life.

He was the best dog ever and we sure do miss him
frown.gif
My wife is wanting to get another dog but I am on the fence still. Plus with the pandemic the shelters are closed.

IMG_20191226_164659.jpg

wow, my sincere condolences. He looks like a great pup. I went through this about a year and a half ago with my 14 year old pit bull, and it still stings--but a little less each day. Time heals all wounds.

I am so sorry you lost your friend. You did what you could and you did not prolong his suffering. Give it some time before getting another dog. I believe you also have a cat?

I'm sorry man. It hurts. When you have a special bond, and its gone forever, it really hurts. You gave him a great life and the gift of not suffering.

Originally Posted by vavavroom
I am so sorry you lost your friend. You did what you could and you did not prolong his suffering. Give it some time before getting another dog. I believe you also have a cat?

4 cats and a small ankle biter of a dog.

I'm sorry for your loss pal. I know if I lost my two girls I'd be devastated.. better days ahead if its meant you'll get another dog.

I know our local shelter has said, yes we are closed, but if you seen an animal you're interested in, be it on petfinder, or Facebook, or where ever, reach out to them, they can set up a private meeting with just you, handle all the prescreening interviews and stuff over facetime, zoom, Skype, what ever video conference....

so... when you're ready, don't hesitate to at least reach out to them. they could use the $$, and some lucky mutt could use the love...

I have been in this same emotional space before, my wife and youngest son rushed to get another dog after we lost Sasha, we had a new pup less than 3 months later. Luna has been great, but I still feel I was not over the grieving process for Sasha.

Don't rush, as you mentioned there are already impediments to that right now.

Sorry for your loss. It's a hard time. Remember the good times and know that your buddy was loved. Give it some time before getting a new dog IMO. You need time to heal and when the time is right you'll know.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by vavavroom

4 cats and a small ankle biter of a dog.

They too lost a buddy, I think.

Sorry for your loss. We have a 10-11 yo St. Bernard with bone cancer and its only a matter of time with him. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.

Surprised to hear your pet shelters are closed. They are open in my neck of the woods and pets are moving out at a unusually high rate of speed.

Very sorry for your lost! We had to put our Lab down 8 months ago because of cancer also. Wife volunteered at a dog rescue to help out for a few weeks walking and feeding dogs. Low and behold she found a wonderful Lab mix at the rescue and she has been great! Believe me it will be worth looking into. The dog is so different now than when we first brought her home, she has come out of her shell. They estimate her to be about 2 and we are loving she.

I understand your pain. I have been there myself more than once. When you look back, you can take great comfort that you gave your friend a great gift, you released him from his suffering. If he could, he would thank you.

Back