0W20 questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WillB
I am staying synthetic!

Can't run a 5W30 in the LT engines due to AFM & VVT.

You can use whatever viscosity grade you like ... however the above statement is not valid as far as I know. Maybe you should spend more time on bitog or I should spend less
grin2.gif

Edit:
Fyi, I have a 0W20 truck (vvt-i but no cylinder activation/deactivation thingy) and it's getting a relatively higher hths 10W30.

Last edited:
I would use a 5w30 in the truck . The Tahoe's we use where I work at drinks 0w20 it doesn't help that we run them hard too. But the GM engineers should of account for this instead of worrying about CAFE

I am staying synthetic!

Amsoil SS vs Pennzoil Ultra Platinum - which would you choose?

Pennzoil
Not a shot at the quality of Amsoil. I'm a stickler for certifications and approvals. Plus, both are excellent products. One's just more affordable.

I made this table to find the best suitable oil for my car. I think it can be helpful.
I would go for M1 AP 0w20 for a new car.
Sorry for bad hand-writing...

[Linked Image]

I am staying synthetic!

Amsoil SS vs Pennzoil Ultra Platinum - which would you choose?

Mobil 1 EP 0W20 has high PAO content at a good price. And yes, it is Fully Synthetic.

My son uses M1 0-20EP in his GMC Denali 6.? and does 15K miles with great success. He put 100K on his 2016 Denali and traded it after he had dif. problems.

Oh yeah? That is good to know.

Many countries outside the US have very few 0-20 options. They will catch up to us one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back