Honda V6 PCV Valve - Steel Bolt

SWS

Honda Accord V6 - 2006, 95K miles, purchased new, Mobil 1 since new on 6-mo OCI, Climate: TN, mostly in-town driving.

Changing the PCV valve for the first time in 14 years.
I have it apart and all looks very clean inside the manifold.
Old PCV valve was coated in thin film of oil, no grit or sludge externally.
However PCV does not 'rattle' like the new one.
I will tear it apart later to check for blockage or broken spring as SatinSilver has mentioned.
New PCV is genuine Honda. I put a bit of engine oil on the O-Rings and it slid right in.

My Q is about the steel bolt & aluminum manifold threads.
Removing bolt went well, and both are in OK condition.
Aluminum manifold threads have a bit of white oxidation.
Bolt dragged while hand-turning it in, so I instinctively rubbed some M1 oil from my drip paper towel on the bolt threads and this helped.

Is this adequate, or should I do something more?

WD-40 / PB Blaster / Other? Since it gets hot, I do not want to add something that will gum-up the trreads, but I also want to take this bolt off again in 10 years, and the oxidation is a bother.

Thanks for your help!

SWS

Apply anti-seize to those threads and in 10 years you will be glad. Grey stuff for this application, I think it would be better than the copper coloured stuff.

In my opinion I believe every steel fastener threaded into aluminum should have the threads coated with antiseize.

Same for stainless steel.

Originally Posted by Kestas
In my opinion I believe every steel fastener threaded into aluminum should have the threads coated with antiseize.

Same for stainless steel.

Do you recommend copper or nickel anti-seize?

I would recommend the Permatex stuff that is commonly available. Copper or nickel would work as well -- but these are more for higher temp applications.

I'm with Kestas. Just normal silver-colored Permatex stuff for this, to have the best chance of removal without incident in another 15 years.

Back