Oil brand you've never used

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of good oil on the market.

Not considering that a parent company may own x, y and z brands.
Any brand on your list that you've never tried?
Maybe next time kind of oil ... even if the price is right.

Most US brands, Pennzoil, Quaker State, RP, AMS, Supertech, Warren etc etc etc,,

The only oil I haven't tried but actually *want* to try is the Honda Mugen Fish Oil used in F1 during the late 80s.

Honda Mugen Fish Oil.

Royal purple
Amsoil
Liqui-Molly

I actually had 20 qts of RP 5W30 i got on clearance for $15 a 5qt jug. But ended up selling it to a guy who had a Mercedes AMG that made me a GOOD offer on all of it lol

Really wanted to try it in my Silverado !! but welp i have a good stash of M1 to take it's place
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Too many to list. But, of the popular oils on the market that most people have heard of here at BITOG that I have NOT used would be more along the lines of the boutique oils, European & Asian oils or racing oils. And I'm sure there are tons that I've never heard of even though I am a long time member here at Bob's. Such as:

Amsoil
RedLine
Liqui-Moly
Royal Purple
Motul
Idemitsu

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Too many to list. But, of the popular oils on the market that most people have heard of here at BITOG that I have NOT used would be more along the lines of the boutique oils, European & Asian oils or racing oils. And I'm sure there are tons that I've never heard of even though I am a long time member here at Bob's. Such as:

Amsoil
RedLine
Liqui-Moly
Royal Purple
Motul
Idemitsu

My list almost the same CB.. though I have run Royal Purple...

I never buy single quarts of oil. So if the 4-5 quart jug price is beyond $35, I will not try it. So my future interests include...

Mobil-1 AP
Valvoline Modern Engine
Royal Purple
Mobil-1 ESP
Shell Rotella Multi-Vehicle
Mag 1 Synthetic (only found locally in single quarts and below $35)

beieve it or not, I haven't used Valvoline products in probably 20 years. Why? never really saw any good sales, compared to other easily obtainable oil. Now, switching the Accord over to Maxlife, for the remaining time I own it....

Amsoil
Redline
Kendall
Rotella (have some on the shelf)
Liqui-Molly
Motul
Idemitsu
Amazon Basic
Formula Shell
Lucas
Total
Petronas
Pento (have some on the shelf)
Most OEM (except Honda, Toyota and Motorcraft)
Eneos
Fuchs
Ravenol
Shaeffer
Citgo
Amalie
Milesyn
NAPA
Chevron

And I am sure a bunch of others.

For gasoline engines, I never used Amsoil, Redline, Castrol, Quaker State, Kendall, Motul, Warren, Total, Liqui Moly, Rotella GT, 76, Phillips 66. I'm missing out on so much!

If I had to pick from these, it would have to be Amsoil, Castrol and Rotella GT. The Kia dealer I work for gives me access to Total 0w-20 and 0w-30. They are for the Kia Niro and Kia Stinger 2.0 Turbo in that respective order. 0w- oil is kinda pointless where I live lol.

Easier to type the ones I have used. Might have missed one or two.

Advance Auto Parts
ST
Formula Shell
Pennzoil (Pre-SOPUS)
Rotella
Mobil 1
Valvoline
Delo
Redline
Kendall
Castrol

Amsoil.

Just used some 10w30 RP from a $2/qt clearance event. It immediately turned syrup-brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back