Did harvest king change suppliers?

I was at Rural king and noticed 2 different styles bottles of the same oil. One pretty square and the other one was some curvy thing. I should have taken pictures. I also noticed one was distributed out of Texas and the other Minnesota.

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
Dang I really wanted to try the citgo. I guess I'll have to snag a couple.

There was a post on here a month or so that some ST was shifting over to Citgo, haven't checked local stores and I suspect that it was replacing another supplier and not WPP. Have no idea whether they were using the wavy Citgo bottle or not. I had one of those bottles a year or so ago and was happy to see Harvest King reverting back to Warren Oil. How do we know what them sneaky Venezuelans are doin'?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste

There was a post on here a month or so that some ST was shifting over to Citgo, haven't checked local stores and I suspect that it was replacing another supplier and not WPP. Have no idea whether they were using the wavy Citgo bottle or not. I had one of those bottles a year or so ago and was happy to see Harvest King reverting back to Warren Oil. How do we know what them sneaky Venezuelans are doin'?

Citgo is just one of my preferred gasoline brands. No particular reason I suppose. it is top tier though. Not saying that makes there oil great. Just would like to try it. At 13 bucks I don't have a whole lot to lose.

Originally Posted by csandste

Citgo is just one of my preferred gasoline brands. No particular reason I suppose. it is top tier though. Not saying that makes there oil great. Just would like to try it. At 13 bucks I don't have a whole lot to lose.

Their syn met Dexos no matter the supplier, so it Saul Goodman.

A while back I snagged last Citgo style jigs of HDEO 10W30 CJ4 oil on sale at like $6.99

A-lot of the Oil Change shops around here have bulk tanks of Citgo. I used it for 4-5 years in the late 90s-early-00s. I recall a little more consumption. But my engines always ran quiet.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
A-lot of the Oil Change shops around here have bulk tanks of Citgo. I used it for 4-5 years in the late 90s-early-00s. I recall a little more consumption. But my engines always ran quiet.

I personally have never seen citgo oil for sale even. Only online and it was like $30 for a 5qt jug....

I personally have never seen citgo oil for sale even. Only online and it was like $30 for a 5qt jug....

Only brick & mortar I see it at is local ACE Hardware. The Citgo clan seems content on business with big stores as a house brand oil and various oil change shops

I'm going to hit my Rural King darn soon and take pics. Then we will know with CERTAINTY if its WPP made or really CITGO. Not some member claiming it's not this or that. That doesn't cut it

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I'm going to hit my Rural King darn soon and take pics. Then we will know with CERTAINTY if its WPP made or really CITGO. Not some member claiming it's not this or that. That doesn't cut it

I remembered I took a picture of the price with pictures of just the bottles.

20200404_123455.jpg

The quart of 10W-30 on the left is shaped like a Warren Oil bottle. RK oil used to state on the back who bottled it.

They are changing over. It may take another month to remove the old stock.

I would not be so sure. Tons of CJ4 HDEO at my store and some WPP looking jugs in 3/5quart cases and on shelves. Maybe your store is but......

Looks like Warren jugs. When I buy some thats DEXOS certified I'll look up that DEXOS #

I have a few old style empty CITGO jugs in my basement

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks like Warren jugs. When I buy some thats DEXOS certified I'll look up that DEXOS #

I have a few old style empty CITGO jugs in my basement

So were the more rectangular ones citgo as shown at the bottom of the picture on page one or no? Did the citgo ones come from fort worth texas?

Back