Ford vs Chevy

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Fords 5.9 billion was a loan to help develop EV's
Not to save their butts from going out of business.
GM and Chrysler should have gotten their own loan like Ford did. And I've seen it both ways whether GM and Chrysler paid theirs loans back to the gov or not.

Did I not say that the 5.9 billion was a loan... I think I did.

TARP was a loan too, as I said. Which Ford was all for participating in initially...

The Bottom line is they all took loans. That's the reality.

It's just a ridiculous argument to say that Ford didn't take a taxpayer funded loan, too.

I"ve owned both over the years and would have to say I liked the GM's better but I'm a used car buyer, my 08 Lucerne is the newest vehicle I've ever owned. I've only owned one car that wasn't a Ford or GM and that was a 79 Datsun, I think it was a 210 but it was a nice little work car, good gas mileage and easy to work on.

Originally Posted by 02SE

GM and Chrysler should have gotten their own loan like Ford did. And I've seen it both ways whether GM and Chrysler paid theirs loans back to the gov or not.

TARP was a loan too, as I said. Which Ford was all for participating in initially...

It's just a ridiculous argument to say that Ford didn't take a taxpayer funded loan, too.

You truly have an issue with Ford and can't see the truth

Originally Posted by 02SE

You truly have an issue with Ford and can't see the truth

No, I've owned Fords I liked.

I have an issue with 'alternative facts'. The fact is GM, Chrysler, AND Ford have all taken taxpayer funded loans. Take off your rose colored Ford glasses, and you'll "see the truth".

OS2E

Read the truth through Blue Oval Glasses
It's the real world
Not Rose color !!!!

A269BDC4-CC47-4C1B-B142-93AA398234D8.jpeg

0486B3F5-8804-42D4-813C-949A4A59082B.jpeg

As a Mopar guy, this is tricky. I always had issues with either Ford or GM trucks for a bunch of small things, but I did prefer the interior of the 12th gen F-series. I liked the chasiss and body better on GM Trucks. Engines, I think I preferred the Vortec over the Triton, but the Triton isn't a bad V8. Transmissions, I think GM always made the better transmissions, but the E4OD is a decent workhorse.

Back