pay cut at work

I'm an hourly employee.
My hours were cut to 25 hours a week.
The company cut all employees pay by 10%
I'll be OK with Social Security still coming in.
But expenses have to be watched closely.
I think I can file unemployment for lost pay because it's directly from the Virus.

Anybody else in a similar situation?

Originally Posted by PW01
I'm no unemployment expert but in Indiana you can file for partial unemployment if your hours are reduced due to Coronavirus

thats what I see on the Colorado unemployment site.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Then they will lay you off cause you're costing them more money.

He might be better off and making more with the Bill coming out. In any case, a lot of business owners in NY are stupid and try to deny unemployment not matter what thinking they are saving money when they've already paid for it, and they no longer can contest it for anyone...

Yea you can file due to the hours being cut alone, let alone the extra that has been added due to COVID-19.

File now as they are very back logged so will take time.

Originally Posted by marine65
I'll be OK with Social Security still coming in.
But expenses have to be watched closely.?

We always should be watching expenses closely . Think of yourself as the marine 65 company and run your life as such.

Originally Posted by marine65
Originally Posted by PW01
I'm no unemployment expert but in Indiana you can file for partial unemployment if your hours are reduced due to Coronavirus

thats what I see on the Colorado unemployment site.

Yep, file due to loss of pay. The sooner the better.

Company reduced 401k contributions for the time being, still have medical and full benefits.
They are cutting back to a 32hr work week but in our division we are still cranking out 40hrs.

Originally Posted by Kibitoshin
Company reduced 401k contributions for the time being, still have medical and full benefits.
They are cutting back to a 32hr work week but in our division we are still cranking out 40hrs.

Exact same thing with me.

I'm salaried and my pay was cut 20% until further notice due to fears of meeting payroll company wide.

I'm salary company is mandating vacation days be taken. This years pay raise on hold.

Mandatory work from home as well.

Yep. I did a lot of research into this when my company furloughed us during a government shutdown. They initially gave us the option of using personal time off (PTO) or not being paid for the rest of the week we had started. Then, the next week they mandated PTO for those that had it. Those that didn't have any were paid for the full week when work restarted on a Thursday or Friday.
The labor laws require full week payment of salaried furloughed employees when a partial week is worked. Since the law (at the time, don't know if it has changed) doesn't specify anything about personal time off, they can get away with forcing you to use it.

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
Yep. I did a lot of research into this when my company furloughed us during a government shutdown. They initially gave us the option of using personal time off (PTO) or not being paid for the rest of the week we had started. Then, the next week they mandated PTO for those that had it. Those that didn't have any were paid for the full week when work restarted on a Thursday or Friday.
The labor laws require full week payment of salaried furloughed employees when a partial week is worked. Since the law (at the time, don't know if it has changed) doesn't specify anything about personal time off, they can get away with forcing you to use it.

There is no "partial week", he is on salary and working from home.

Nope, busy as anything!
It's a new job I started at the beginning of Jan, where everyone is relying on me to process payroll accurately and on time.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by GMFan
I'm salaried and my pay was cut 20% until further notice due to fears of meeting payroll company wide.

Mine too. I'm GM salaried and seems you may be as well.

Back