Two filter sizes for Skyactiv 2.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil filter Mazda parts gave me was a 1WPE-14-302, however the one I'm about to replace is a bit larger. Can I still use it? It's for a 2020 CX-30.

The one I'm going to use is the 14-302. The one on there is a 302B.

The 1WPE-14-302 is the one I use for my 2017 2.5. I am guessing the factory filter is Mexican sourced and what you have is Thai sourced.

I would have thought they would be the same size though.

PS: A quick call to the parts desk for confirmation wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited:
Thanks. Parts is closed it appears.

So the one on my car is a Japan made 302B and the one I have is a 302 made in Thailand. Maybe I'll keep the filter on for this change.

I've only used the 302 in the past from Thailand so I'll use it. Just confused me because the size is different.

"I have been asked before about an OIL FILTER Removal Tool or Wrench for the Mazda superseded of the ORIGINAL OIL FILTER for ALL Skyactiv GASOLINE ENGINES, either 1.5 Litre, 2.0, and 2.5.

The Original now OLD Oil Filter was Mazda Part Number:
PE01-14-302 Oil Filter No Longer Parts Sold by Mazda Parts,
PE01-14-302A Oil Filter No Longer Parts Sold by Mazda Parts,
PE01-14-302B Oil Filter No Longer Parts Sold by Mazda Parts...

THE LATEST and NEW Genuine Oil Filter Worldwide is now Mazda Part Number 1WPE-14-302 Oil Filter.
Be aware these Oil Filter are SMALLER than the original, BUT is the Correct Unit to use and has the Correct By Pass Valve specification Installed.
The 1WPE-14-302 Genuine Oil Filter is for the following Mazda Models.
*Fit is for all Mazda Vehicles with SKYACTIV 4 Cylinder Gasoline:
(1500CC - 2000CC - 2500CC ) Model Years...
for Mazda 2 2014 ~
for Mazda 3 2013 ~
for Mazda 3 2019 ~
for Mazda 6 2014 ~
for Mazda MX-5 2016 ~
for Mazda CX-3 2014 ~
for Mazda CX-30 2020 ~
for Mazda CX-5 2013 ~
for Scion iA 2016 ~ 2018 (Mazda made only).
for Toyota Yaris 2019 ~ (Mazda made only)."

*For future reference.

I always get a chuckle when the parts guy asks for the model and year knowing he is going to pull from the same shelf regardless.

I'm starting to think that Denso and Roki are running a joint factory in Thailand.

Seems like you have it figured out. I wonder if it was similar to what Ford used to do. The OEM filter on the engine out of the factory was a Champion made Motorcraft filter. The Motorcraft aftermarket filters, whether supplied by a dealer or parts store, were made by Purolator.

Are these engines are picky with the bypass valve psi like some other engines ?

Isn't the same filter used on 2.0 and 2.5L engines ?

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Are these engines are picky with the bypass valve psi like some other engines ?

Isn't the same filter used on 2.0 and 2.5L engines ?

I believe so yeah.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I always get a chuckle when the parts guy asks for the model and year knowing he is going to pull from the same shelf regardless.

I'm starting to think that Denso and Roki are running a joint factory in Thailand.

LOL

Is the bigger one Mazda Value Line? I took my 18 CX-5 back to selling dealer for the first oil change. Never saw what came from the factory but they gave me the bigger value line filter and overfilled it to make up for the value/cheap filter. I get the smaller made in Thailand filter from a different dealer and change it myself.

The MC FL910S is a very good filter. I have been using them for several years with great success.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with the 302 because it's the replace for the 302A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back