I'm getting fat.

So I made the ribs the other night, last night I made gnocchi and this morning waffle maker hash browns. We saw the hash brown idea a while back and decided to try it.

[Linked Image]

I just had left overs for break fast. . That is a great looking plate yummy!! I came back for another look.

Last edited:
When I was growing up in the 60's, 70's,
we had a Restaurant near us called "The Ponderosa" (western theme place).
They had large photos of all the meals with a 'Number' next to it / you ordered your meal by telling them the Number.

BeerCan should number his meals and put the photos on the frig.
Six favorite meals for lunch and six for dinner.

That's what I did and it makes planning meals a lot easier.
Tonight for dinner, I will be having a …… Number 8

Last edited:
Getting fat? Just start dancing:

Let's get a physical, a physical
I want to get a physical
Let's get a physical

one look around + you will see obesity IS a bigger issue than the VIRUS, as diabetes diagnosed or not is slowly killing our eyes our heart + everything else, even children are fatter as i once was, than ever as seen with their fat parent-s. overweight is not just about looks but everything it effects + the older we get it gets worse. body fat effects vitamin T in men both younger + older as it increases estradiol which kills vitamin T. almost all type II diabetics only have theirself to blame!!

Originally Posted by benjy
one look around + you will see obesity IS a bigger issue than the VIRUS, as diabetes diagnosed or not is slowly killing our eyes our heart + everything else, even children are fatter as i once was, than ever as seen with their fat parent-s. overweight is not just about looks but everything it effects + the older we get it gets worse. body fat effects vitamin T in men both younger + older as it increases estradiol which kills vitamin T. almost all type II diabetics only have theirself to blame!!
I agree 100% adults and children get fatter &fatter that is the real pandemic

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I just made apple pancakes. My 5-year-old help chop the apples.

Wife and kid had them for lunch. I had mine for dessert...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
They had large photos of all the meals with a 'Number' next to it / you ordered your meal by telling them the Number.

Thanks for the memory flashback. I remember going to Ponderosa in MN back in the 70s.

I just made apple pancakes. My 5-year-old help chop the apples.

Wife and kid had them for lunch. I had mine for dessert...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They look delicious. ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by NothingNew

Thanks for the memory flashback. I remember going to Ponderosa in MN back in the 70s.

They're still around. https://www.pon-bon.com/ Remember going with my parents and getting a small steak, fries, Texas toast and the salad bar for under $3.

Originally Posted by NothingNew

Good Ponderosa video.
But I have to say that 'sitting' on the Counter is probably a health violation.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
So I made the ribs the other night, last night I made gnocchi and this morning waffle maker hash browns. We saw the hash brown idea a while back and decided to try it.

[Linked Image]

Now that looks like what I would have for breakfast. I also tend to ignore the party pooper food nannies. Not near enough bacon though.

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by BeerCan

[Linked Image]

Now that looks like what I would have for breakfast. I also tend to ignore the party pooper food nannies. Not near enough bacon though.
i may talk about diet this and that I could eat that everyday and still lose weight all about numbers. People don't understand what numbers calories he or she can and can not eat since covid19 I've upped my calories for many reasons and still think it's not enough I'll be in deficit. With said it's amazing when u understand what you need how much a proper and healthy weight will do for you and overall health fixes many problems you complain about. As some who has lost approximately 100 lbs it's first hand experience and would help and do for any one who seriously whants it and yes I do know when it he or she seriously wants help

I am writing this as I'm drinking a beer nope don't have many restrictions and no not everything in moderation.

Last edited:
Forgot to post these. Made cookies, my take on rainbow cookies. I made them red, white and blue. They taste pretty good.

[Linked Image]

Calzone tonight.

Calzone were mostly a fail for me. My pizza dough was to thin, I should have made more. Also I didn't have enough mozzarella, I spaced out on that. They were edible but not great.

[Linked Image]

Back