A picture of me in my youth! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

And your partner in crime is gorgeous!
wink.gif

Thank you very much! She is a remarkable woman. As I said earlier, she was my best friend 45 years ago. She's still my best friend now. I am very fortunate.

This is us now. Apologies in advance if this is somehow inappropriate.

Scott

750856D7-EA64-4365-89FC-9F5788CCB1DB.jpeg

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

And your partner in crime is gorgeous!
wink.gif

Thank you very much! She is a remarkable woman. As I said earlier, she was my best friend 45 years ago. She's still my best friend now. I am very fortunate.

This is us now. Apologies in advance if this is somehow inappropriate.

Scott

Such a BEAUTIFUL couple!! And she's still GORGEOUS!!
cheers3.gif

This is me in my youth at the '72 or '73 "Duel At De Anza" autocross driving my 1971 TR6.

How does a teen afford to buy a one or two year old car?

Always wanted a Triumph Spitfire, never could afford it. Those are some great photos there, SLO_Town.

Best pics I've seen in a while! Thanks for posting...I remember Semperit, I may have had Fulda's on my first TR6 back in the day. The years have been kind, must be that central California air. May you both stay healthy.

Originally Posted by atikovi
This is me in my youth at the '72 or '73 "Duel At De Anza" autocross driving my 1971 TR6.

Well, it wasn't from selling drugs.

I started mowing yards in the neighborhood at age 13 or 14. Then at age 16 I worked at McDonalds - along side serial killer Karl Warner. Look it up. I remember he had a hair trigger temper. He used to intimidate the heck out of me. I hated that place. Then I worked at a Texaco gas station and had a lot of fun. Point is, I always worked.

Plus, I had this half inch thick paper payment coupon book from Wells Fargo!

Scott

Had a 73 tr6 that i autocrossed for a few years and a daily driver. Cam, reworked distributor, koni front shocks and larger jets in carbs. Ran great till the datsun 240Z showed up. Remember Dan Gurney's check point america's it was about the only speed shop for them in saint louis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
.......must be that central California air.

Central COAST air. To say otherwise gets you thrown out of bars and restaurants!

Smiling at you,

Scott

I started mowing yards in the neighborhood at age 13 or 14.

Same here but all I got was a 6 year old Mercury that leaked a quart of transmission fluid every 30 miles.

.......must be that central California air.

Central COAST air. To say otherwise gets you thrown out of bars and restaurants!

Smiling at you,

Scott

Yes, big difference...and a beautiful coast it is!

My first car was also a TR6, character building.

I put 156k miles on my TR6. Truly one of the best, most trouble free cars I've ever owned.

The Central Coast, by definition. One of the prettiest places on the planet. If the ocean wasn't so life threatening cold, 50 million people would live in the region.

Scott

C2980FD4-86F6-4111-8EC4-3A34487A8C50.jpeg

I started mowing yards in the neighborhood at age 13 or 14. Then at age 16 I worked at McDonalds - along side serial killer Karl Warner. Look it up. I remember he had a hair trigger temper. He used to intimidate the heck out of me. I hated that place. Then I worked at a Texaco gas station and had a lot of fun. Point is, I always worked.

Plus, I had this half inch thick paper payment coupon book from Wells Fargo!

Scott

I did that very same thing. I started mowing yards when I was 12. Been working ever since. Haha I remember those payment coupon books very well!
laugh.gif

Your picture reminds me of this ad:

TR6 Ad

I remember that advert!!!!! My friends and I used to marvel at the suspension shot (at 8 seconds). Thanks for finding this. Incredible!

Scott

PS And listen to that gearbox whine. Except for the non synchro reverse mine was much quieter IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back