Replacing Rusted Fuel Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1996 Grand Prix that I need to replace brake lines on. I started a thread that covered that topic, but while under the vehicle I notice the steel fuel lines nearby will likely also need replaced. Does anyone know if replacing these is similar? I didn't spend enough time under the car to see what type of connections are under there, but figured you guys might have some experience with this. I'm considering the Mastercool 72485 hydraulic flaring kit because it has dies for GM fuel lines, but is this the correct type of tool for the job, or does this only work on low pressure fuel systems (carburetor)? Any help would be appreciated.

You can use compression fittings for the fuel lines. I would hit up NAPA and get nylon line-- they sell a repair kit with a compression fitting meant for one steel and one nylon line. I think both types of line are around $1/foot.

More than likely there'll be good steel line on the part coming down from the tank, and the part heading up the firewall, so you can splice around just the rotten part.

I use a cheap 4-inch hacksaw from dollar tree of all places to cut old fuel lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back