Orifice tube backwards, now can’t reach it

You can buy a tool to get it out. It will work backwards for a while. If the system is contaminated it will plug up faster backwards. Btw what color is it? If it is white or black (.072) it's the wrong size for an R134a retrofit. You should use a yellow one (.062).

Originally Posted by Chris142
You can buy a tool to get it out. It will work backwards for a while. If the system is contaminated it will plug up faster backwards. Btw what color is it? If it is white or black (.072) it's the wrong size for an R134a retrofit. You should use a yellow one (.062).

I used what advance auto said was the part- carquest t38623. Looked on rock auto and its the four seasons 38623 rebranded. On rockauto I didn't see any yellow ones. Do you have a part number?

Advanced likely sold you a tube for R12. The different colors represent the different orifice sizes. I do not have a part number but I would go to a parts place and have them bring out the box of tubes. Grab a yellow one making sure that it's an evaporator tube and not a condenser tube.

Originally Posted by mattd
Use a hemostat they work great for orifice tubes

Thank you! Bought one today and was able to get it out with that

Thanks everybody

Back