FRAM Extra Guard PH16 CUT OPEN

This filter is off the farmer friends godfathers "farm/work truck"

My farmer friends name is Colton; and he is hardest working man and works his vehicles even harder. His godfather; Danny let's Colton use this on their farm and for hauling whatever. Vehicle is a 2004 Ford
F-150 with I think v6. Taught him to change his own oil also. So, I observed you can say. Oil that was in truck was Rotella 10w30 conventional. He bought some Harvest King 5w30 DEXOS rated and he put on a fram ULTRA xg2. The old oil had 6,xxx on it and yeah it's kinda nasty looking. 144,560 on odometer also.

Enjoy the pictures and hope the story didnt bother anyone or no one got bored
grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice write up as usual. I see that's an older one, newer ones have a few more pleats and the silicone ADBV.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Nice write up as usual. I see that's an older one, newer ones have a few more pleats and the silicone ADBV.

Yeah, think his godfather took it to quick lube for last oci

Originally Posted by jkasch
The oil looks worse than the filter. Thanks.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I was saying that as I was looking at filter. Your welcome sir
smile.gif

That's dangerous-those filters are not the same thread sizes!! The PH16 is 3/4-16, the XG2 is M22-1.5!! There's a good chance that filter is going to loosen up on it's own! An '04 Ford F-150 4.2 V6 calls for an XG3600, which is 3/4-16, like the PH16, PH8A, etc. The PH2/XG2 is for the Ford modular V8s, like a 4.6.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
That's dangerous-those filters are not the same thread sizes!! The PH16 is 3/4-16, the XG2 is M22-1.5!! There's a good chance that filter is going to loosen up on it's own! An '04 Ford F-150 4.2 V6 calls for an XG3600, which is 3/4-16, like the PH16, PH8A, etc. The PH2/XG2 is for the Ford modular V8s, like a 4.6.

Well, I'm not sure what engine is in it bullwinkle as I didn't do the oil change. Thanks for the info also
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by bullwinkle

Well, I'm not sure what engine is in it bullwinkle as I didn't do the oil change. Thanks for the info also
smile.gif

The V6 uses the PH16 or PH3600, the V8 (4.6) uses the PH2 (FL-820S size), the metric will thread on the SAE stud, but it won't lock down, could vibrate loose. Had a feeling someone else might have changed it. Maybe the owner could take it back & have them put the correct one on, I wouldn't want a hard working friend blowing an engine in the event he doesn't catch the massive oil leak before it's too late!

Originally Posted by KCJeep

Yeah, pretty old. Made 233rd day of 2013.

Originally Posted by hemitom
looks like it did the job !

Yeah, I'm still in shock the oil was nasty as it was. Lest I digress

Back