In my face "wake up" call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reread BITOG's policies relating to the current health situation and figured this is well within allowable limits.

On Tuesday I saw my neighbors' (empty nesters) older son communicating with them from the front yard-15 to 20 feet away.
Today I noticed their recycling barrel (Wednesday morning pick-up) had remained at the curb for 48 hours.

Just now I put their barrel back and knocked on the door. I brought my cell phone with me.
The Mrs. opened the inner door but left the storm door closed. I too was 15 feet away.

The answer to my, "How're you doing?" was a gloomy, "We're not feeling well at all".
I kept my mouth shut so I can't say how long they've been feeling bad etc.
Obviously I don't even know what they might have.

A sobering experience it was. Follow the pros' instructions.

The dear lady didn't have much conversation in her.
Since their kids appear to know (son's wife stayed in the car on Tuesday) and that they're communicators with brains, I assume they have the knowledge to reach out.

Oh yes, I wore gloves and washed my hands upon returning inside.

When this is over with I want a world wide, detailed, fact filled, time-lined description of what happened.

I believe I'm still within limits of the "allowable post" zone.

Three cheers for BITOG staying "on mission".

These are interesting times. Keep your hands clean and away from your face.

The car talk guys used to remind us that when computers were being put into cars that mechanics would say "It must be the computer";

Click and Clack would remind us that cars broke before computers as well, so best not attribute every breakdown to them.

Last edited:
When this is over with I want a world wide, detailed, fact filled, time-lined description of what happened.

You will. It will be called a History Book.

...approved of by YOUR school district? (again, the universal "your", meaning that omissions and lies are rife in "history books").

I want laid out facts not digestions.

Originally Posted by Kira

I want laid out facts not digestions.

Good luck with that. Tough to find in today's culture.

Originally Posted by Kira
The answer to my, "How're you doing?" was a gloomy, "We're not feeling well at all".
I kept my mouth shut so I can't say how long they've been feeling bad etc.
Obviously I don't even know what they might have.

A sobering experience it was. Follow the pros' instructions.

Did you ask her if she called anyone about them feeling bad?

Add this to the list of thread locks in the last week!!!
shocked.gif

Hope they do well.

I ventured to the grocery store for my bi-weekly trip. Was in there for 10 mins, got my stuff.

I thought I made it out "safe" but some big dude coughed real heard right in front of me as I approached the self check out zone!

I was going to wear a surgical spittle mask as a flimsy prophylaxis but I wasn't planning any surgery at the supermarket.

I was Surprised to see many shoppers with N95 on. I saved my one for cutting treated lumber, flooring and CDX

Now I wished I had worn one. And Swimming googles too.

Could look like the Devo dude.

I just did a Neti Pot for 10 mins as soon as i got back.

I did wear nitrile gloves, even though I wasn't planning on changing the oil in the Subaru, Watch out for cough aerosols, And loud spitty talkers.

Last edited:
The chances of any one person getting it is slim. The chance of requiring hospitalization if you get it is slimmer. The chance of dying if you are hospitalized for it are the slimmest. The newspaper headlines are all about fear mongering to sell more papers or get more hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back