Eezox vs Prolix?

I just used Eezox on my Seecamp. Very nice. Love the smell.

I know it is a dry lubricant and that works well for pocket carry.

Apparently Prolix is sorta the same type lube.

Do any of you have any experience with Prolix and can you compare it with Eezox?

For those of you with 1911's, do you just use Eezox or do you still lube the slide and rails in addition to the Eezox?
If you use an oil or a grease along with the Eezox, what it your favorite lube

Slip 2000 EWL
G96
Lucas Extreme
MPro7
Hoppes Elite
Eezox
Mil-Comm
ALG Go Juice
Breakfree LP

These are off the top-of my head..... there's more and they are all above average. I stay away from oils that are heavy plant-based products like Frog Lube, Gun Butter......etc.
I use mostly grease on my pocket pistols. Only needle-oiler oils on a couple spots. I'm happy with Superlube grease from Harbor Freight.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I stay away from oils that are heavy plant-based products like Frog Lube, Gun Butter......etc

Why is that?

Originally Posted by bulwnkl
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I stay away from oils that are heavy plant-based products like Frog Lube, Gun Butter......etc

Why is that?

Reports of actions sticky and gummy. Our uses - our storage - our climates - our hunting weather....etc....determine this. Most plant based need to be applied thin and we live in a gun society that uses liberally.

Plant based lubricants are not everybody-friendly.... like the non-plant-based.

Butbefor Joe-Schmore replies here that his plant-based works well in all environments, be aware that every plant-based product doesn't use the same plant - desn't use the same percentage of plant.

Best idea?...... maybe just avoid the plant based (or) experiment first. Just don't experiment in a deer bline - squeeze the trigger at a 10 point buck in front of you and your action fails to send the bullet to the target ....at the correct speeds, due to excess application of gummy lubricant that couldn't adjust to the 28 degree weather.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buck91
What is Eezox, are we talking a chlorinated paraffin type product or what?

From looking at the safety data sheet it would seem so.

BSW

Back