Ford vs Chevy

Originally Posted by GenSan
Ford.

Standup job stepping up to produce ventilaors vs GM being forced.

I prefer GM vehicles but didn't Ford not take money from the government during the bailout 7 or 8 years ago?

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Among the 2, Ford has the best factory paint jobs IMO.

The off-road package Chevy 1500 is a pretty good looking truck though.

On my 05 White Crown Vic and on my sisters 07 Blue Grand Marquis the paint peeled off. Both vehicles were washed and waxed regularly. Both were just out of warranty when it started. Ford refused to do anything about it. Not even willing to pay half the cost. We did pay on our own to have the vehicles repainted

Besides that they were very good vehicles with very little maintenance. The 4.6 was best engine Ford ever made IMHO.

I agree the 1500 Chevy is a good looking vehicle. I see them everywhere down here.

Ford.

GM was not forced they already were in full swing on them. They ignored the ploy and continued on as they already were, at cost.

Ford, no question. I've owned both and have worked at both.

However, I do think Chevy made rock solid engines in the 80s and 90s, the 350 was an awesome motor. But Chevy was notorious for multiple issues, dash electronics, gauges, brakes, erosion of brake lines in Midwest, leaking rear ends.

I think overall Ford is just higher quality.

My father in law just had to get a new motor last month put in his 2018 duramax 3500 HD with only 20k miles, bad pushrods from the factory. The dealership in Tampa FL took over a month to replace it, part of it was pending approval from corporate.

He traded it in for a 2020 F450 with the 6.7 powerstroke to pull a 19k gvwr 5th wheel. He absolutely LOVES the 2020 F450. It is a seriously a badd [censored] truck

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Tahoe4Life
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Among the 2, Ford has the best factory paint jobs IMO.

The off-road package Chevy 1500 is a pretty good looking truck though.

On my 05 White Crown Vic and on my sisters 07 Blue Grand Marquis the paint peeled off. Both vehicles were washed and waxed regularly. Both were just out of warranty when it started. Ford refused to do anything about it. Not even willing to pay half the cost. We did pay on our own to have the vehicles repainted

Besides that they were very good vehicles with very little maintenance. The 4.6 was best engine Ford ever made IMHO.

I agree the 1500 Chevy is a good looking vehicle. I see them everywhere down here.

Had huge paint issues on 2 Fords, F150 and Explorer. Ford will deny to the end of time. I won't buy another just for this reason.

Notorious yet none of which myself nor my family has experienced … in fact, it was the complete opposite for me having a 2015 Ford Explorer for just 39k … it's like something time released let go at 36,003 miles …
Back to GM for good …

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Ford.

I prefer GM vehicles but didn't Ford not take money from the government during the bailout 7 or 8 years ago?

Ford did not take bailout money like GM and Chrysler.

Originally Posted by Fordiesel69
Needs to be a Ford, with a 6.9 Liter IDI diesel.......

Honestly those were the best ones, too bad they were so hard to find even back in the day

Growing up and loving GM, I moved to Ford.

The reason, Chevy/ GM uses low quality material and design flaws that they could correct for just a few dollars. Most GM buyers are working class people in the Midwest and East. GM uses the lowest quality steel pipe for brake lines, fuel lines, etc. GM cuts corners on things as easy as the ground wire to the fuel pump. They also never fixed design flaws such as a Blazer/ Jimmy/ Bravada of having salt land on top of the fuel pump, and no way for it to wash out. GM takes its core customers for granite. These issues are super common, and so very easily addressed for just a few dollars per vehicle. GM really does not care about it customer- they just want it to look sexy.

Ford has its issues, but are engineering mistakes- not open disregard for its customers. Some of Ford mistakes include not enough spark plug threads on the heads of the 2v modular engine, 2 piece spark plugs on the modular 3v engine, trans issue on Focus, etc.

I can handle a engineering mistake.... it can't handle we are USA made so you will buy anyways (GM/Chevy)- so we will screw you while we are warming up our fleet of GM corporate jets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Ford.

TARP was a loan. GM and Chrysler both paid money back, except for what was forgiven by the last Administration. Ford DID take 5.9 billion under another loan program. So it's really semantics. All took taxpayer funded loans.

Ether one, Ford or GM. It isn't about me, it's about maintaining USA manufacturing capabilities in time of war. I can go here to there and back again in either one.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Ether one, Ford or GM. It isn't about me, it's about maintaining USA manufacturing capabilities in time of war. I can go here to there and back again in either one.

Yep. I'm not pro or anti union..... just as long as it's built in the USA by folks here.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Ford.

TARP was a loan. GM and Chrysler both paid money back, except for what was forgiven by the last Administration. Ford DID take 5.9 billion under another loan program. So it's really semantics. All took taxpayer funded loans.

Fords 5.9 billion was a loan to help develop EV's
Not to save their butts from going out of business.
GM and Chrysler should have gotten their own loan like Ford did. And I've seen it both ways whether GM and Chrysler paid theirs loans back to the gov or not.

GM came out smelling like a Rose

22FF1CFC-F2D9-48E1-B890-C812AB71C914.jpeg

GM never paid back $50 billion. 'Forgiven' by Obama. Ford has been a better corporate citizen, and has better customer service. Their infotainment systems are great too. I really like the PI/DI technology on their engines. If you don't want a pickup, their hybrids are very well designed too. Ford products are safer too, better crash results.

Originally Posted by NO2
GM never paid back $50 billion. 'Forgiven' by Obama. Ford has been a better corporate citizen, and has better customer service. Their infotainment systems are great too. I really like the PI/DI technology on their engines. If you don't want a pickup, their hybrids are very well designed too. Ford products are safer too, better crash results.

🇺🇸💪ðŸ¼ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

Back