VIRGIN ST 9688 CUT OPEN

Good Friday Morning BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter Triple_Se7en sent me. Looks very good I will say. Enjoy the pictures and stay safe. Gorgeous here and to be 61F today so maybe I'll go for run later
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last picture is 53' Stude or Adam. Yes, I need a haircut
lol.gif

I've seen it in other videos as well, why the brown/red stain on the side of the filter media?

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I've seen it in other videos as well, why the brown/red stain on the side of the filter media?

I cant honestly answer that

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by jayjr1105

I cant honestly answer that

I wonder if it's a dab of grease to keep the filter media from getting too dry sitting on the shelf for a long period.

Looks like a Champ e-core in a fram can.

I don't like the larger center tube that takes up too much volume that could be better used for more media.

Tiny thing is only big enough for a "fuel filter" in my estimation.

thanks for the c&p Stude !

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

I don't like the larger center tube that takes up too much volume that could be better used for more media.

You are welcome arco
smile.gif

That's a clean little machine, Adam … did you try to tear the media to see how weak it is ? I'm starting to think when you see that extra corrugated look (like a cardboard) box … they do that to stiffen up weak paper media. Not seen on thicker blended filters.
(Purolator/MC does this some).

I wonder if that cheap paper can handle a longer pleat = or to your point seems they would.

Originally Posted by 4WD
That's a clean little machine, Adam … did you try to tear the media to see how weak it is ? I'm starting to think when you see that extra corrugated look (like a cardboard) box … they do that to stiffen up weak paper media. Not seen on thicker blended filters.
(Purolator/MC does this some).

I can. Stay tuned as I'll try to tear some media

This is a rather wide filter overall, look at how nice and tight those pleats are for a $3 filter. Plenty of media on this filter for the 10K stated mileage.

I would run this for a normal factory OCI and sleep like a baby.

Sure you didnt shoot t with a 45acp JHP?

Aw ! Adam, you Should have excised it with an exacto and measured the filter area - since I'm having filter area arguments on here with ST E cores.

I guess you still could - if you ignore the hole.
smile.gif

-Ken

Yeah … better filters use strong synthetic fiber within the cellulose …
All the unused Purolator filters I cut open tore like Xerox paper … other makes are very tough …
(not thinking of XP, XG, RP… the wire is there to support flexible fiber, different animals)
Thanks Adam …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yeah … better filters use strong synthetic fiber within the cellulose …
All the unused Purolator filters I cut open tore like Xerox paper … other makes are very tough …
(not thinking of XP, XG, RP… the wire is there to support flexible fiber, different animals)
Thanks Adam …

You are welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
Looks good Adam! Thanks

That hair is nothing a brush couldn't put into place.
grin.gif

lol.gif

It gets wavy and curly when it's been December when mom cut it for me. Pops (real dad) hair is same. I'm bout to buzz cut it way the U.S. NAVY does
grin2.gif

Back