I'll be back hopefully

Sounds like a great opportunity to have some fun. Enjoy your break, you'll be back jamming wrenches soon enough my friend.
cheers3.gif

I'm on a doc. ordered quarantine...

was running a mild fever, little muscle soreness, extremely mildly sore throat, your basic flu-like symptoms.
in my town they set up a community hotline, describe symptoms, and they advise you how to proceed. they had me go to a "community testing center"(which just happend to be my regular doc's office) to be tested for Flu, strep, etc. not the big one.
was tested for both Flu and Strep, both Neg. temp @ time of exam was only 98.3 so not qualified for the big test...
they gave me a 14 day quarantine order. (Since they didn't know WHAT was causing my symptoms...)

Lucky for me, even though I do pay for the optional short term disablilty plan, I was sitting on 10 days(2 weeks worth) of paid time off Due to expire in May. I'd rather use those up first.

since that exam, Highest I've seen is 99.0, today, the highest was 98.6.. as long as that pattern holds... week and a half of unexpected "vacation" I guess...

mods please delete if you feel I've violated any rules.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hemitruck
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Happy Thursday folks. So, today another mechanic and I got paid furloughs. Luckily I have well north of 40 days and will have health benefits. Til the end of the month. I'll be going to Lake Norman on Saturday to be with mom and stepdad. Ill go nuts if I stay here or where I am. Least i have money saved up from long time ago and am thrifty. I'll do some filter c&p later and some tomorrow. Packing clothes and some food from fridge up currently.

Be safe folks
smile.gif

You should quarantine yourself for 14 days rather than risk getting your parents sick.

Yes, traveling to an older person's house, parents included, for as visit is not something that should be done at this time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ondarvr

You should quarantine yourself for 14 days rather than risk getting your parents sick.

Yes, traveling to an older person's house, parents included, for as visit is not something that should be done at this time.

As painful as it may be, I agree this is the right thing to do in order to protect your elders at this time.

My dad wants my sister and BIL with two small kids to come visit him and my mom for Easter. My sister said no, even though my dad was trying all kinds of emotional blackmail. She is doing the right thing, even if my dad doesn't realize it.

I am staying away from my mom and step father...

Because of 3 LEGITIMATE reasons...

#1 My mom and my step father both have a medical history that makes them potentially very vulnerable... Especially my mom... I have multiple sclerosis myself... So if I get it .. it will likely be harder on me than say a average person... I always get things harsher than my wife does...

#2 My area.... Highest rate in my state in per capita numbers... James city county and Williamsburg... Based up Virginia Dept Health numbers...

#3 I have seen first hand...... A bad viral influenza 2 years ago brought into my facility.... By a daughter... And it did take out her mom... She developed complications from it starting with pneumonia... Became respiratory impaired greatly and sepsis set in... And nearly her mom's neighbor who shared a common bathroom....

Last edited:
Take care of yourself Capt....

And have a good time man...

Always good to see you on here.

Sorry to hear you're furloughed, but glad to hear you've got time saved up!

I'm also furloughed from my aircraft mechanic job for a min. of 30 days. Luckily, my fiancee was able to get me hired on where she works - delivering Amazon packages! So I'll be doing that until we start back up.

We're being paid the rest of this pay period, and will be covered by our insurance for the duration of the furlough.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Wow. Super good you have time saved up. Wise move.
You will be back pulling wrenches soon.

Best to you 53'

Not necessarily "time" just my 16 year seniority built up my time. Anyways, I could work part time at local tire place thats real busy but family suggested I visit and relax.

thumbsup2.gif
Sounds pleasant, enjoy what sounds like a nice break.

Last edited:
I was talking to my brother in Carlisle PA, and he agreed I should probably stay where I am for while. Mom thinks I'd be safe coming down, I think I'll stay up here though

Originally Posted by bbhero
Take care of yourself Capt....

And have a good time man...

Always good to see you on here.

Well colonel, talked to mom and stepdad. Stepdad agrees with me. I know they miss me, grandkids and brother but safer to be home than be or spread something. We face time often and talk daily

Thank You all for the great info and advice and suggestions. It is deeply appreciated

Good luck, brother. You've got a good head on your shoulders and a great attitude. I'm sure you'll be just fine!

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Good luck, brother. You've got a good head on your shoulders and a great attitude. I'm sure you'll be just fine!

Thank You friend

Adam, You may have a check coming in 2 weeks that may help too. Grab that U.I. as others have suggested; dont be too proud. Remember you have to pay taxes on it though
smile.gif

My poor 92 y.o. MIL is home alone down near the Cape; wish We could visit and check in since she is not too hot on techie phone stuff.
Wife works in a biolab so she is working and "essential"

Me, I'm retired end of 2018. Living off some spare change and not collecting

Be well,

- Ken

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Adam, You may have a check coming in 2 weeks that may help too. Grab that U.I. as others have suggested; dont be too proud. Remember you have to pay taxes on it though
smile.gif

My poor 92 y.o. MIL is home alone down near the Cape; wish We could visit and check in since she is not too hot on techie phone stuff.
Wife works in a biolab so she is working and "essential"

Me, I'm retired end of 2018. Living off some spare change and not collecting

Be well,

- Ken

Yeah, I understand that. I have been up my insurance company's rear about my $250 deductible and the remaining out of pocket $$$$ comin' my way

Good luck, stay safe.

tough times ahead but perseverance and good decision making will get you through.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Good luck, stay safe.

tough times ahead but perseverance and good decision making will get you through.

Thank You sir. I hope you have a good and safe recovery. Shame, we wont have a Stanley Cup this year
frown.gif

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Sorry about your unplanned furlough.
Stay healthy and stay in touch, since I'd bet that Lake Norman has internet.
The job situation right now is really worrisome for all of us.
Who knows what might happen next week or even tomorrow?
It is a nice time of the year to be headed to the lake.
What can you catch there?

Well, I decided to stay home and safe. Thanks for the kind words and advice. Glad to see you here
smile.gif

Happy Thursday folks. So, today another mechanic and I got paid furloughs. Luckily I have well north of 40 days and will have health benefits. Til the end of the month. I'll be going to Lake Norman on Saturday to be with mom and stepdad. Ill go nuts if I stay here or where I am. Least i have money saved up from long time ago and am thrifty. I'll do some filter c&p later and some tomorrow. Packing clothes and some food from fridge up currently.

Be safe folks
smile.gif

Exactly my toughts....we are all in "quarantine" over there...I see my parents only via viber...since they are over 60yrs it IS better that way....because I am working and you Just Dont know what you Can bring back home...

State limited Us to move only inside our municipality (except if you have to go on work elswhere)....for Just in case to not spread too much....

Dont be too brave.....stay @home and leave your parents alone for a while....its safer that way

Back