Heavy duty engine cleaning session!

thumbsup2.gif

Good work! it looks as fresh as new! One of the guys at my bodyshop drives one of these, he says they respond very well to a camshaft upgrade

Originally Posted by Olas
Good work! it looks as fresh as new! One of the guys at my bodyshop drives one of these, he says they respond very well to a camshaft upgrade

CVH engines like to eat camshafts for sure, they respond well even replacing the cam with a stock one because usually they are worn, mine doesn't feel down on power at all luckily.
Mine luckily doesn't appear to be, i have taken out the tappets to inspect them and the cam and they look good.
What they need is a good high Zinc Oil to survive.

Originally Posted by Donald
Oh if engine cleaning was only beneficial to something beyond the eye!

Well it does, to the nose, it has a lemon scent to it now lol, instead of the smell of oil.

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver

Well it does, to the nose, it has a lemon scent to it now lol, instead of the smell of oil.

Looks great! I honestly feel anything that's kept clean and well cared for will last longer. I couldn't imagine a huge blanket of dirt and grime would be good left on engines,mechanical parts,and connections. I too keep my engine bays cleaned and detailed.

Looks showroom. Excellent example of a well engineered well built engine that has been meticulously maintained. A+ !!!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Looks great! I honestly feel anything that's kept clean and well cared for will last longer. I couldn't imagine a huge blanket of dirt and grime would be good left on engines,mechanical parts,and connections. I too keep my engine bays cleaned and detailed.

Hi
A liberal coating of oil from leaking seals is the only thing that prevented Land Rover bulkheads from rotting
laugh.gif

Hi FCD
Love that XR3i. Back in the days when cars had individuality and not just another 'euro box'.

A friend of mine is restoring a RS 1600i.

"Oh if engine cleaning was only beneficial to something beyond the eye!"

It is. The pocketbook! There's no denying that a clean anything will sell faster and for more pesetas....I mean Euros.

And if you're not planning to sell, always remember; things come up.

Nifty car.

[/quote]

A liberal coating of oil from leaking seals is the only thing that prevented Land Rover bulkheads from rotting
laugh.gif
[/quote]

^Truth
smile.gif

Nothing but oven cleaner and plain kitchen degreaser used :

Oven cleaner? Seems a bit too harsh for some materials from what I've read on oven cleaner cans. Looks good though.

Can't wait until the quarantine is over to give it a good italian tune up, 60 miles ( one end of the island to the other ) in 4th, at 3000-4000rpm should do the trick.

Last edited:
Back