I'll be back hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quarantining on Topsail Island. Very quiet here and good to be so near to the ocean. Fishing is good for the spirit.
Trolling.gif

Enjoy your time off as best you can! Hopefully things will stabilize soon.

I am still going to work for now, but we have furloughed a number of people.

I had to furlough someone this week because they are diabetic. It was terrible to send a great employee home.

You qualify for Unemployment Insurance. You've paid into it your entire working life, do not be too proud to apply for help.

Sorry about your unplanned furlough.
Stay healthy and stay in touch, since I'd bet that Lake Norman has internet.
The job situation right now is really worrisome for all of us.
Who knows what might happen next week or even tomorrow?
It is a nice time of the year to be headed to the lake.
What can you catch there?

Good luck and enjoy your stay in the great state of N.C. Just be aware, N.C. and many other states have travel restrictions in place. My wife had to get an official statement in writing from the USPS, her employer, stating that her job and her travel to work and back was essential. Other than grocery shopping, driving to the pharmacy for a prescription pick up, and a few others, travel in N.C. might be frowned upon.

So you can file for Unemployment in early May. I'm guessing things get progressively moving upwards again in June. So maybe your layoff won't reach into July.

Just stay healthy until you get called back. Avoid getting too stressed out. You will make Mom happy spending extended time with her.

Peace-out Adam. Need anything...... just PM me. I can get to Pittsburgh in five hours and keep the speedometer under 80. Done that a few times already.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Happy Thursday folks. So, today another mechanic and I got paid furloughs. Luckily I have well north of 40 days and will have health benefits. Til the end of the month. I'll be going to Lake Norman on Saturday to be with mom and stepdad. Ill go nuts if I stay here or where I am. Least i have money saved up from long time ago and am thrifty. I'll do some filter c&p later and some tomorrow. Packing clothes and some food from fridge up currently.

Be safe folks
smile.gif

You should quarantine yourself for 14 days rather than risk getting your parents sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back