Stock market!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Would you risk going on a cruise ship? If so, you cra...

I'm not sure any cruises are sailing now. Most are canceled til May and who knows what will happen once we get closer. Maybe once there's a vaccine or cruises just for people who have recovered.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Anyway, to cut to the chase, there are and always will be good investments. In my post, my meaning is an opinion on where our economy is heading and no one really knows, past history shows it always rebounding quite nicely.
With that said, this world event was a rule breaker and quite honestly, (TO ME PERSONALLY) its no catastrophic event at all but in this modern age with 24 hour news, that the public at large actually watches for entertainment purposes, hours and hours a day, they still do not know the true facts of any situation because the way its presented is for entertainment, not true hard numbers with explanations.
So I dont think ever in the last few decades Governors across this great country ordered all businesses to close their doors, go out of business (this to me was the event not the virus) and wait to the day they give the green light.

So apparently the experts in the CDC don't know what they are talking about . There are numbers and explanations. Yes, the media sensationalizes it, but for the most part they do report/reflect what's going on. Listen to more than one biased news source and do some self investigation of the information to make a logical conclusion of what reality is.

IMO, this economic impact will not "rebound quite nicely" like in the past. It will rebound, but there will be a lot of long term impacts that will make some things in the economy change and take a long time to adjust to and recover from.

So now the market closed up but I lost almost 10K. Gosh I have to stop following this and yes I know it depends on where your investments are.

Originally Posted by 007
So now the market closed up but I lost almost 10K. Gosh I have to stop following this and yes I know it depends on where your investments are.

What did you invest in to lose $10K ?

Same stuff I invested in back in 2003? Was always the 6-7 guy on a scale of 1-10. Need to take a closer look but last time I gave my investment guy a chance to redirect my allocations he stated to stay the course as many of my funds were closed off to new investors. Gonna have to revisit that recommendation.

Man, I wish I was only down 10k. But now is the time to buy, buy buy. Well, maybe not yet. I think the DOW and S&P are still going to crash as US death tolls start to sky rocket.

WW effect without bomb raids. In regards to the collective West shows how fragile we are. One doesn't need no nukes...

Down a truckload today, on paper only because i did not sell any red positions. Still added money to my taxable gains and holding on for tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Anyway, to cut to the chase, there are and always will be good investments. In my post, my meaning is an opinion on where our economy is heading and no one really knows, past history shows it always rebounding quite nicely.
With that said, this world event was a rule breaker and quite honestly, (TO ME PERSONALLY) its no catastrophic event at all but in this modern age with 24 hour news, that the public at large actually watches for entertainment purposes, hours and hours a day, they still do not know the true facts of any situation because the way its presented is for entertainment, not true hard numbers with explanations.
So I dont think ever in the last few decades Governors across this great country ordered all businesses to close their doors, go out of business (this to me was the event not the virus) and wait to the day they give the green light.

So apparently the experts in the CDC don't know what they are talking about . There are numbers and explanations. Yes, the media sensationalizes it, but for the most part they do report/reflect what's going on. Listen to more than one biased news source and do some self investigation of the information to make a logical conclusion of what reality is.

IMO, this economic impact will not "rebound quite nicely" like in the past. It will rebound, but there will be a lot of long term impacts that will make some things in the economy change and take a long time to adjust to and recover from.

More people die per year because they are fat, or smoke, or whatever. The death toll never mattered. It's the sensationalism and manner, and so forth that got the economy shut down. So many people are fixated on this big scary virus that they missed that...

IMO, a balanced approach would have been a bit more responsible.

It comes down to leadership. If people feel the general consensus is things will be managed properly it will mitigate some fear. We still have a long way to go before things will bottom out. The shorts are taking positions on every rally which should tell you something. Stock prices are still way to high on many companies.

Originally Posted by Amkeer
It comes down to leadership. If people feel the general consensus is things will be managed properly it will mitigate some fear. We still have a long way to go before things will bottom out. The shorts are taking positions on every rally which should tell you something. Stock prices are still way to high on many companies.

Agree as far as the bottom. Its really kind of simple, there is no economy so numbers will never improved and only get worse until state governors allow business to reopen. This is a self generated mess.

With that said, there are many companies up and running. Im fully invested but going to step it up some more I think. I like some stuff out there, un effected by state governors actions.

Last edited:
I agree. Been around for some time and I have never seen the intentional drive to crash the market for some sort of personal, political gain like this. Its a bad time with a bad disease but there are TOO MANY other driving forces at hand here!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Amkeer

Agree as far as the bottom. Its really kind of simple, there is no economy so numbers will never improved and only get worse until state governors allow business to reopen. This is a self generated mess.

With that said, there are many companies up and running. Im fully invested but going to step it up some more I think. I like some stuff out there, un effected by state governors actions.

It's a WORLD issue ... not a USA only issue that's driven by/for "other reasons". Every country on the planet is involved. The "blame game" would have unfolded no matter who was in charge. Every country's economy is being hit hard. Only for those with minds that are prone to thoughts of conspiracy would believe this was all some kind of "planned event" with underlying motives.

It is what it is ... so all anyone can do is look at how it's all unfolding and mitigate the circumstances as well as possible. That includes how someone handles their investments.

What's going to happen when people stop paying their mortgages and try to use certain laws to stay in their homes ?

How will landlords stay afloat with renters not paying and the courts refusing to evict anyone ?

Another housing bubble around the corner and people were simply financially over leveraged. The American Dream is not being up to your eyeballs in debt and living pay check to pay check.

It will be 2009 again 3X worse and there will be no V recovery.

If you have your investments handled by someone else other than yourself or if your investments are set in a way that changes can't be made without penalty its a different story. Yes, this is a global thing. However my issue and opinion is that the financial climate is being driven by factors not really related to the actual problem at hand. It is what it is!

Originally Posted by 007
I agree. Been around for some time and I have never seen the intentional drive to crash the market for some sort of personal, political gain like this. Its a bad time with a bad disease but there are TOO MANY other driving forces at hand here!

Bang On!

Originally Posted by 007

you must never leave the United States?

The world is a lot bigger than us, and our reactions. We've reacted slower than other countries and we're paying the price. The SARS countries will be on the road to recovery long before we are, because they were prepared and acted accordingly. If people believe what you wrote and keep their heads in the sand, the next crisis will be even worse--from a heath and ultimately an economic standpoint.

Splitting time between Taiwan and the US, this lack of preparation here was very obvious to me. Calling it an attempt to drive the market down is not only ignoring reality, it's irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back