Fast 22 LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't 17hmr the go-to rimfire ammo for long distance shooting?

Maybe a bit better, but with that ammo you are now up to 125 yds, AND $12.00/box. I'd say worse in the wind, but don't know the B/C.

Realistically, heavier would be better. Maybe even 42 gr Gemtech, but slow, like 1050 fps slow! Can't even imagine the drop @ 500.

Originally Posted by jstert
isn't 17hmr the go-to rimfire ammo for long distance shooting?

It is for me.

Yes, that is the fun, I am hoping I can go to the range this weekend and plink some,

I picked up 2 metal targets from wallys, I could not find my metal targets I picked up from shootsteel link that was posted here many years back.

My brother and I used to shoot his Marlin semi-auto with most any old cheap ammo like bucket of mini mags or Remington Golds. We would shot 200 yards and ping the transformer on a telephone pole every time. Never tried anything 500 but it should be possible just quite extraordinary.

Last edited:
Did some work on the mELR rifle over the weekend.

1. Lowered stock trigger pull to 2 lbs
2. Torqued action screws but found that the laminate wood compresses and the rifle stock (Boyd) lacks metal pillars.
3. the barrel is probably touching a hair on the left side

I add pillars and bed the action this week. Hopefully my 20 MOA EGW base will come in this week

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They are out there. I see you are in the Hudson Valley. Where? I have lived in New York on and off for 25 years P. S. The following companies make a .22 Mag:
Ruger, Savage, Henry, Rossi, Marlin and CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back