I have a Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
so your drilling your front bumper, will kill your resale, many will not buy if bumper has been drilled

Originally Posted by VNTS
so your drilling your front bumper, will kill your resale, many will not buy if bumper has been drilled

I've never heard of anyone passing on a used vehicle because it had a front plate installed at some point. It's also a Challenger not a Ferrari or Bentley.

Congrats on the new to you car Jaraxle ! Hope you are loving it.
cool.gif

My old boss has a purple Scat Pack thing.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

I've never heard of anyone passing on a used vehicle because it had a front plate installed at some point. It's also a Challenger not a Ferrari or Bentley.

It's a quirky thing, some place a big importance on it, others don't.
I learned that on some sports car forums 6MT - Infiniti related etc... I was not disappointed to find mine had no perm mount holes in the front bumper or ever had a plate there I could see when I got it as 3rd owner. Because of that, I left the front plate off. Some states allow that, others that are military towns go by home rule for car registrations and I suppose your home state no front plate needed buys you a pass.

There are plate frame/mount designs to eliminate the minor surgery on bumper skins and some that are 'hideaway'. As kooky as it may sound, aesthetics, personal pref's for car details, features and designs important to the owner isn't a stretch or "News" and typically, related mods or parts very popular.
grin.gif

If it's truly a sports car or a car enthusiast magnet and between two cars available for purchase with one being the clean unmolested front bumper, I'd say at a min 8 or 9 of 10 perspective buyers would choose the clean front but I don't know if they'd pay more for it or as stated, 'kill resale'.

Last edited:

In this area, they all have front plate mounts anyway.

Ahh , Nice added vid instruction there !
Toggles are a slick method with the right bumper/grill layout and should do well on many cars.
When you can get away without a plate or frame at all on the front of most cars, they just look cleaner and more streamline.

YouTube videos and other links speaks to the popularity of the car crowd recognizing some interest or value in subtleties like this.
thumbsup2.gif

I know of one Ford dealer located in a state where no front plate was required, yet the idjits at that dealer still punched out the front fascia and installed a dealer advertising plate. I know that they lost several Mustang GT sales.
Me, if it's a used car with a front plate I remove it and minimize the damage as much as possible. However, I would never buy a new car where the front fascia was punched.

This is beyond belief.
HISTORY: I'm the guy who was so seemingly anti-Challenger.
After seeing his paid for example and sincerely offering to help maintain it I bought his 2015 Challenger a small gift.
It was a license plate frame. I swear.
I brought hardware like yours (I brought my entire kit of fasteners) and saw the "$59,000 American Dream".

ps He lost his job 10 days ago. He has no brains.
With no funds we'll see what happens.
My money's on the finance company repossessing his Hellcat as quickly as they can because they want it with as few miles as possible.

ALSO: The front plate frame has frequently been neglected by designers.

I love the OP's white example. Unlike many, I love white cars.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Got myself a Bearcat. That is all.

I'd suggest starting a thread and telling us about it.

Plenty of used Challengers where original owner was smart enough not to drill the front bumper, they look like --it with the front plate attached, toggle is a half [censored] way, but most do stow and show, dont use the plate, keep in car just in case.

Know 3 people who bought used Challengers, all put the no drilled bumper as top priority, not difficult to find, just pass on units with bumper drilled.

Or if other features and price matter more … negotiate the cost of a new "lip" …
Just spotted the 1st C8 in my small town … paper plate in the rear … did not get to see the front …
Wish this state would end this front plate stuff

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Has a picture of this mythical Challenger been posted yet?

Found it.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by mbacfp

Found it.

[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by mbacfp

Found it.

[Linked Image]

lol.gif

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

You need to hold your breath until I post a photo.

If you have trouble, try a plastic bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back