VIRGIN MO-899 CUT OPEN

Here is a filter from a member that asked to see one cut and posted. Older one as snagged it from Rural King. Looks ok, wide spacing though. Enjoy the pictures folks
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the cut. What's the deal with the holes in the baseplate? Looks like irregular cuts or flashing?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Thanks for the cut. What's the deal with the holes in the baseplate? Looks like irregular cuts or flashing?

I'm guessing they dont care to debur the holes as look skanky to me. That's my uneducated 2cent

Thank you for the C&P; I was just thinking about Mopar filters recently. My parents had a Dodge Caravan with the 3.8L and the OFI was every 24k Kms.! (Every other OCI)

I was the requester. Thanks, Stude!

MO-899 is original equipment on Hellcats and Demons, but that filter is not very impressive.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PimTac

I'm guessing they dont care to debur the holes as look skanky to me. That's my uneducated 2cent

Might have another thin layer of metal over outside of the base plate. Purolator does this on some spin-ons. Stude would have to look at the base plate closely to see if that's the case.

Originally Posted by jkasch

MO-899 is original equipment on Hellcats and Demons, but that filter is not very impressive.

Agree !

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Agree !

Isnt the SRT filter OEM on those?

Theres like 3 different MOPAR lineups,

Mopar Black Cans (Normal)
Mopar-Magnetti
And SRT Mopar White Cans.

And I do agree, the Mopar filters like the one in this post dont scream the 8-11$ price tag you usually see them for at box stores.

Last edited:
You gentlemen are welcome. I'll look at the base plate and see if I can see whays goin' on

Whatever the reason, sloppy appearances like that don't give me much confidence. I judge that way on pretty much everything.

It's somewhat like a car that might have a great power train but if the instrument panel is full of loose knobs and buttons and the fit and finish isn't right then it sets the wrong impression.

Adam-am I wrong, or are combo valves somewhat rare on Purolator made filters? I can't recall ever seeing one that had a combo before, maybe they're taking the worst features of several & combining them!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Adam-am I wrong, or are combo valves somewhat rare on Purolator made filters? I can't recall ever seeing one that had a combo before, maybe they're taking the worst features of several & combining them!

I want to say yeah its rare

You are welcome little ant
smile.gif

What the heck Adam did you sneak an OCI into the Toyota on us?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
You are welcome little ant
smile.gif

What the heck Adam did you sneak an OCI into the Toyota on us?

Johnny: I honestly did not. If I was in a better mood, today I would do oil change. Before I left to go home, they announced they are giving me and another mechanic paid furlough til end of month
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted by kstanf150

Agree !

Isnt the SRT filter OEM on those?

Theres like 3 different MOPAR lineups,

Mopar Black Cans (Normal)
Mopar-Magnetti
And SRT Mopar White Cans.

And I do agree, the Mopar filters like the one in this post dont scream the 8-11$ price tag you usually see them for at box stores.

Nope SRT filter (MO-041) was only standard on the Viper. I went back to the 899 on my Hellcat after seeing several 041's with sketchy louvers. The media looks much better than the 899, though.

Back