RxP gas kicker

pbm

I stopped at an Autozone today and was surprised that they still had some RGT oil for $2 a quart from the 'CLEARANCE'.....they also had a container with items on 'CLEARANCE' for $1.00. One such item was called 'RxP gas kicker' which is only 2.5 ounces but claims to be an 'Engine De-Carbonizer'. I picked up 2 of them for the heck of it. When I got home I googled the product and saw that it sells for $14.99 on Amazon and that it has very positive reviews.
Has anybody here used it? Any feedback?

Autozone also has an STP product on sale for cleaning Intake valves...it's $29.99......The same product is $49.99 on Amazon.

That's funny....Diesel fuel #2....imagine paying $15 for 2.5 oz.
The funny thing is that several people claimed their CEL went out within several miles of adding this stuff....

My father used RxP in the mid 90's when emissions testing was rolled out in our area. His late 80's car wouldn't pass emissions so one of his mechanics recommended the RxP. It did work to an extent, the car always passed emissions after using it. But it was a yearly process of needing RxP prior to an emissions test.

Originally Posted by buddylpal
My father used RxP in the mid 90's when emissions testing was rolled out in our area. His late 80's car wouldn't pass emissions so one of his mechanics recommended the RxP. It did work to an extent, the car always passed emissions after using it. But it was a yearly process of needing RxP prior to an emissions test.

It's strange that 'diesel fuel' would help pass an emissions test.....maybe the 2.5 ounce 'gas kicker' is different than 'RxP Fuel Treatment'....who knows. There are several 'testimonials' on their site of people claiming that the RxP gas kicker cause a CEL to go out.....

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by buddylpal

It's strange that 'diesel fuel' would help pass an emissions test.....maybe the 2.5 ounce 'gas kicker' is different than 'RxP Fuel Treatment'....who knows. There are several 'testimonials' on their site of people claiming that the RxP gas kicker cause a CEL to go out.....

Low sulphur Diesel is cleaner now days than gasoline
Federal law allows any hydrocarbons in gasoline as long as certain limits are met, Flying J used to sell mileage master gas in the 80's that had diesel already mixed in.

This guy ran diesel gas mixes for close to a decade.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/adding-diesel-gasoline-11163.html

Last edited:
I had almost completely forgotten about RxP gas kicker until this thread. I remember it being in a small red or pinkish bottle and I can vouch that it did work to reduce NOx when it came to emissions testing. I always thought it was some miracle fluid but now that I'm older I realize it was a concentrated fuel additive for reducing carbon.

Back