Wiring up a 240vac hour meter to air compressor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Honeywell hour meter to attach to my Quincy compressor. The problem is it didn't come with any wiring instructions. The air compressor is wired up with 10/3 wire and it uses 2 hots and a ground wire. The neutral isn't used. My question is what wires are connected to the two terminals on the back of the hour meter?

Keep in mind the compressor rattles all the electrical connections a lot. They all need to be and stay very right. I have my pressure switch wired with only one hot and on the other hot is wired nutted to the wire going to the motor. It came loose and arced and melted and ruined things for that leg of 220V.

So how ever you connect the hour meter make sure the wiring is very tight after you connect the hour meter. And check in a week for it to still be tight,

I have the parts to repair my pressure switch. So soon. Its only been about 10 years.

Got it hooked up. It clicked over 1/10th after a minute or so. Hopefully that's just because it was test run at the factory or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back