Napa Platinum cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Many new engines today desire flow and not be choked by 99/20 oil filter measurements. That's why their such-a-push on this board these days, to follow OEM and buy OEM oil filters, or something very similar to it.

99% @ 20u oil filers don't "choke" oil flow - it's another repeated misconception in this forum ever since BITOG was in existance. The positive displacement oil pump ensures that. Besides, the max delta-p difference between a so called "restrictive" filter vs a so called "lower restrictive" filter is only a few PSI of delta-p at the max flow an oil pump can put out on a normal street car.

There is no such thing as full flow and full entrapment. coming from the same oil filter. That's the biggest misconception of all.
You can't have both at the same time.

BTW.... my term 'choke' is simply meaning reduced or restricted thru the remaining filter. Only a knucklehead would think it's starving the engine of oil, because of an oil pump allowance-thing.

Have you spent any time wondering why the manufacturers don't use 99/20s in all new engines....outside of a select-few engines. I'd like you to tell us why ZeeOSix. You have opinions. Got any more? All opinions are welcome here.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Many new engines today desire flow and not be choked by 99/20 oil filter measurements. That's why their such-a-push on this board these days, to follow OEM and buy OEM oil filters, or something very similar to it.

99% @ 20u oil filers don't "choke" oil flow - it's another repeated misconception in this forum ever since BITOG was in existance. The positive displacement oil pump ensures that. Besides, the max delta-p difference between a so called "restrictive" filter vs a so called "lower restrictive" filter is only a few PSI of delta-p at the max flow an oil pump can put out on a normal street car.

There is no such thing as full flow and full entrapment. coming from the same oil filter. That's the biggest misconception of all.
You can't have both at the same time.

BTW.... my term 'choke' is simply meaning reduced or restricted thru the remaining filter. Only a knucklehead would think it's starving the engine of oil, because of an oil pump allowance-thing.

Have you spent any time wondering why the manufacturers don't use 99/20s in all new engines....outside of a select-few engines. I'd like you to tell us why ZeeOSix. You have opinions. Got any more? All opinions are welcome here.

Let me ask you ... do you really believe a 99% @ 20u filter causes less oil to go through the oiling system compared to a 50% @ 20u filter?

Full synthetic media filters can have both high efficiency and low flow resistance (ie, meaning less delta-p from oil flow). And again, positive displacement oil pumps ensure the same oil flow to the engine when there's only 3~5 PSI of delta-p across an oil filter, which is pretty much where most good filters reside regardless if cellulose or full synthetic media, or a mix of the two.

NAPA changed filter suppliers a little while back. Is that the current production filter?
It is impressively built. That media is a really thick synthetic fiber.
Those ribbed orange gloves look well built also. Where did you get those?

That filter SHOULD be a wix xp filter

Originally Posted by leroyd92
NAPA changed filter suppliers a little while back. Is that the current production filter?
It is impressively built. That media is a really thick synthetic fiber.
Those ribbed orange gloves look well built also. Where did you get those?

That filter SHOULD be a wix xp filter

IT IS. The Platinum and the XP are the SAME filter with different paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back