Post your favorite racing cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The noise this thing makes is from another world. There are many other great noises in racing, but this is at least in the top 5. And a good looking car to boot.

[Linked Image]

Another favorite of mine for the noise it DOESN'T make. That while being dead stone reliable and pretty much all-conquering when it was competing. I really miss the big manufacturers battling it out in LMP1 and LMP2.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Al Unser Jr. One of his 1986 championship year cars, the rich guy I worked for owned one of these also. I did not have to work on this car at all. It was purchased in perfect condition which is rare. The boss used to drive this car in the big gated industrial park every once in a while, yes, it would scrub the tub skid plate only going 20/30mph's. Motor Sounded Bad*ss on this one!

I also used to work with a few X crew members of AL Jr.'s team, and Chip Ganassi Racing team.

[Linked Image]

This was the Boss man's favorite and supposedly most expensive at that time. He did used to play/fake nostalgia race this Lotus at laguna seca raceway.

This was a 63 or 64, Documented, and supposedly #23 of 24, or # 21 of 22, I don't remember. Very rare car! And there sure are not 22 or 24 of these cars that survived the racing year, only a handful of these cars exist.

Eta; This is an F2 car, and this is not his actual car.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
The high wing, low nose F1 cars of the early 90's like the Williams FW16B from 1994.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

I hate how stretched modern F1 cars are now. The wheelbase of the 2019 Mercedes is 30 inches longer than the FW16B.

Love me some fuel cars. This is a gnarly looking crash that the driver thankfully survived.
[Linked Image]

I really thought Toyota had a LeMans win in 1999 in the bag with the GT-One. After seeing about 2 hours of racing I realized that the BMW superior fuel economy would put them in the lead at about 18 hours and Toyota could do nothing about it. A 24 hour chess match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back