2007 RDX Differential and Transfer Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to help a friend for rear differential and transfer case fluids. What fluids should we stick to?

Honda DSPF or anything like ATF DW1 or some other advise?

Car has roughly 166K miles. Thanks for the help.

[Linked Image]

Honda has now discontinued Z-1, DW-1 is recommended to be used in applications that previously called for Z-1

Originally Posted by blufeb95
[Linked Image]

Honda has now discontinued Z-1, DW-1 is recommended to be used in applications that previously called for Z-1

Thanks, so should DW1 be good enough?

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
He's skipping the front diff???
confused2.gif

Sorry isn't transfer case front differential?

Aparently Honda recommends using ATF DW-1 only in Auto Transmissions where Z1 was used, you should use Honda Dual Pump II (Part# 08200-9007) or Acura All Wheel Drive Fluid (DPSF) (Part# 08200-9007A) , in differential applications calling for Z1, they're the same fluid just one is the part they sell at the Honda dealer and the other is the part they sell at the Acura dealer, buy which ever you can get cheaper.

Or Just use the Acura Fluid, it's what's called for, the price won't be much different between the two of them there is conflicting info on whether they are the same part, frequently Honda and Acura parts numbers are identical just the Acura part has an A on the end, but it appears the fluids may be different, why does Honda have to be so difficult and make different Honda and Acura part numbers, you buy any of the Ford badges it'll tell you to use genuine Motocraft yadda yadda, you buy anything GM, it'll tell you to use AC Delco yadda yadd, but you buy a Honda or Acura and they tell you to use only Honda or only Acura fluids in their respective manuals.

Stick w/ OEM fluid or DPSF fluid, I recently went through this on a 2008 MDX. The dual pump and the DPSF are totally different when compare to each and the smell way different. The transfer case is also different, check the owners manual.

Originally Posted by HangFire
Sometimes the Acura fluid is cheaper, which really boggles my mind... so it is worth pricing both.

So acura DPSF and front any gear oil which meets spec, right?

Yep pretty much you can use any 80w90 gear oil in it, some people even use 75w90 synthetic in it. If you want to follow what the manual says strictly you can pick up a bottle of 80w90 at walmart for like $6, but for $7 you can get a bottle of Supertech full synthetic 75w90, I'd probably put the synthetic in it myself.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
[Linked Image]

Not for Acura rear diffs.

Acura has a new fluid for rear diffs, as the DW-1 is not compatible, called DPSF.

Double check with the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back