How cheap is your gasoline lately?

Originally Posted by JustinH
what is 88 gas? Is that with ethanol? 87 is ethanol free?

Never seen that on a pump before.

88 octane is everywhere around here, stations have been taking out the mid grade handles for it.
If I weren't on lockdown I normally go to Appleton every other week or 3 for shopping and fill because the Kwik Trip 88 is 30+ cents a gallon cheaper there than rug normally is in any other area. $1.629 is tempting but not worth driving for.

Anyway...

88 is the cheap stuff e15

87 rug is universally e10

There are only 2 stations that carry e0 RUG, it's about 25cents more than e10 RUG

Our premium is normally $1-$1.50 above e10 rug which makes this Casey's station unusual , they are trying to make a name for themselves and beat Kwik Trip so maybe this independent from Iowa is willing to more properly price premium.
(But they are still too high for 88 by a quarter)

Ah well

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kschachn
This morning 87 octane E10 is at $1.45 here in southeastern Wisconsin. I can't remember the last time it was that low.

2006 and back then $1.50 was highway robbery and e85 was 85 cents per gallon

Last edited:
It's down to $0.76/L for regular here. I don't recall prices this low since the 90's!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
It's down to $0.76/L for regular here. I don't recall prices this low since the 90's!
crazy2.gif

Diesel was this cheap through 2005 when the great bleeding started

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Originally Posted by fdcg27
A Kroger about 2.5 miles from our house is down to 1.859, so 1.829 with Kroger card discount.
Saw this on gasbuddy and it certainly seemed worth the drive since RUG is about .19 more at the next cheapest area stations.
Only ~17 gallons for around 600 miles between the HAH and the Forester.

This same Kroger was down to 1.609 today, so 1.579 after the Kroger card discount.
I stopped by the place and filled the Accord, only 6.2 gallons after 310 miles, so the first 50 mpg tank of the season.
I went home and wife and I drove the Forester there, which had consumed 9.2 gallons in 297 miles, so 32 mpg and change.
This location has been the low price leader in recent weeks, since other than a couple of stations in gas-war prone nearby Trenton, the lowest area stations were around 1.899.

Today, this location was at 1.499.
Never would have expected to see this level of price decline.

On 3/20/20 I filled one of my cars in Russellville, KY with E/10 at $1.869. I haven't been by a the station since Sunday when the price was still the same. I don't know whether the price has dropped since then or not. If we get down into the $1.70's this will be the cheapest I've seen gas since before gas went to over $4. a gallon. Someone posted on another forum I get on a few days ago getting E/0 in OK for $1.289. I haven't seen those prices since the early 90's. When I bought my first car in '77 the first tank of gas I bought for it was $ .569/gal. and as a kid the station my dad bought his gas at the regular price of regular leaded was $ .289/gal. for years. I remember a gas war one time when I was a kid gas got down to $ .109 at a new station. I can't remember which it was but they were either giving away a free candy bar with each gallon or every 10 gallons purchased. I'm almost certain it was one free full size candy bar with each gallon. This was at a Checker station in Hopkinsville, KY probably in the late '60 or very early '70's. As a kid I'd often ask my mom to guess how much it would cost to fill the tank and her guesses were usually in the $3-5 range depending on how low the tank was. So for all you young whipper snappers gas hasn't always been expensive.

Last edited:
On the news this morning they showed a station in San Antonio selling regular for $1.19, although I haven't personally been to that station.

Some of the gas pricing "Standards" in our area have been broken.
I have been buying Shell RUG the last couple of weeks. It is now down to $1.24/gal including the FP discount.
By far, the cheapest in the area. Even cheaper than Costco/Sams.
Meanwhile, the Speedway across the street from the Shell is still $1.47.
In some areas of the state, pricing is interesting, to say the least:

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020...ations-reaching-as-low-as-679-cents.html

The prices in the article are insane, given that state/federal taxes are 56.9 Cents/gal.

Gas is still almost $3 a gallon here in California.

I just filled up with Diesel #2 and it was $3.29/gal. This is the cheapest Chevron I know of (only use Chevron D#2)

Originally Posted by P10crew
[Linked Image]

That's crazy. What state are you in ?

Back