A picture of me in my youth! :-)

Y'all:

My wife recently found this. This is me in my youth at the '72 or '73 "Duel At De Anza" autocross driving my 1971 TR6. Cupertino, California.

Look at the length of the antenna! I must have been trying to remain in contact with one of the Apollo missions! The license plate is blocked out because, incredibly, this car is still alive and well and has that plate number! From the looks of those tires (Semperit 225/70-15s on American Racing "Anson" style wheels) I think the thing would have floated on water. And the roll stiffness, or lack of...

And check out the length of my hair. :) In hindsight, kind of out of character for me.

Scott

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Cool memories aren't they?
I love when we find pics of us 40-50 yrs ago. Been married 40 yrs this year but, we've know each other for ever.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Cool memories aren't they?
I love when we find pics of us 40-50 yrs ago. Been married 40 yrs this year but, we've know each other for ever.

Indeed. Back in these old days my wife (then girlfriend) used to drive on back roads out in the middle of nowhere with the top down and with her sans top. It was a whole different era back then.

Scott

That's awesome! I wish I had pics of when I used to run Autocross at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium before it was torn down.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
That is a wonderful memory and glad your wife found it for you. Priceless.

Another important memory detail just resurfaced. I proposed to my wife in that car! We were parked roadside on CA Hwy 1 at San Gregorio beach.

Scott

I worked with a real OK guy (RIP for a while now) who was presented with an analogous picture.
He was photographed asking for work while still in uniform...discharged from the Navy post WWII only the day before.
He burst into tears.
It was something to see, I'll tell ya.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
out in the middle of nowhere with the top down and with her sans top. ...........

Wait, was this a regular occurrence?

Well, it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. I hesitated to say so earlier, but I remember we were out exploring in the middle of nowhere. We ended up on a bumpy road. I still remember the two of us laughing at the sight.

Scott

My partner in crime. She found this one in the same batch of pictures. Laguna Seca Raceway, early ‘70s. My best friend then, my best friend 45 years later.

Glory Days for sure!

Scott

03070ACF-96AB-4931-B98A-DF1EE70DC991.jpeg

Originally Posted by OilReport99
No disrespect, but you look like Roger Waters in that pic!
cheers3.gif

Roger Waters?! That ain't no disrespect! :)

Scott

PS I've always preferred the David Gilmore era of Floyd.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
No disrespect, but you look like Roger Waters in that pic!
cheers3.gif

Oh yeah! Definitely! Looks just like Roger Waters behind the wheel! And your partner in crime is gorgeous!
wink.gif

Back