Megapulse VEE System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it desulfate the battery? Since it uses the battery as a power source, don't mistake this for a charger. It seems to use the battery to charge an internal capacitor using a switching Power supply, then return the charge to the battery using the same modulation (5300 Hz seems to be their go-to). Does it boost the output pulse's voltage to accomplish the desulfation upon capacitor discharge? Their description isn't great. Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

There have been simplified versions of this concept out there in DIY land for decades. I built two long ago. With certain batteries, I had some success in getting them back from the dead, at most seeing ~30% gains. However, the ones I made had to be run for months, non-stop, to make a difference. That, and the high frequency, extremely short voltage spikes were not kind, long term, to what ever charging circuit was keeping the batteries alive. A dumb solar panel with robust blocking diode seemed to be the best - intelligent chargers would burn out.

Fitted megapulse device and even after two days i can see my battery voltage jumped from 12.5V to 12.7v key on engine off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back