Transmission Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^This!

I have purchased many garage queens and have never seen so many as when I was looking to buy a Vette. Low miles, waxed every other day, etc. CRAZY good condition.

Originally Posted by AC1DD

Thing is it IS a Vette, and you just know the likelihood of the PO abusing it is pretty good.

Actually it was being used as a vehicle to drive from Atlanta to Memphis routinely for work for the past 8 years/40k miles. My impression of the owner makes me think they didn't drive it very hard. Though that does leave 100k miles from 2001-2012 unaccounted for. But the car is dirty and needs a good detail in and out. It has lots of broken parts typical to for this generation of Corvette (wiper motor burned out from clogged drains, bad headlight control module and horns inoperable from getting wet in the lowest part of the bumper, HUD mirror won't pivot, floppy sunvisors, a few tears on driver seat leather). I paid accordingly and even repairing all of these things with a transmission rebuild I could probably still come out ahead if I got tired of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RoGuE
Originally Posted by AC1DD

Thing is it IS a Vette, and you just know the likelihood of the PO abusing it is pretty good.

Actually it was being used as a vehicle to drive from Atlanta to Memphis routinely for work for the past 8 years/40k miles. My impression of the owner makes me think they didn't drive it very hard. Though that does leave 100k miles from 2001-2012 unaccounted for. But the car is dirty and needs a good detail in and out. It has lots of broken parts typical to for this generation of Corvette (wiper motor burned out from clogged drains, bad headlight control module and horns inoperable from getting wet in the lowest part of the bumper, HUD mirror won't pivot, floppy sunvisors, a few tears on driver seat leather). I paid accordingly and even repairing all of these things with a transmission rebuild I could probably still come out ahead if I got tired of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I think I like it better than the common bright colors like red and yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back