Android to PC pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not very clear what you are trying to do and did already but if you are trying to get pictures off your android phone to your PC, I recommend, you just put the USB cable in and copy the pictures. Once you stick the cable in the phone and PC, you will pull down the top menu of the phone and select File Transfer mode, your phone will become visible in explorer. If that does not happen, you will need to install generic MTP drivers for Windows.

If that's too complicated, install Dropbox on the phone as well as Windows. Log in to both places. Go to Dropbox android app settings and select upload photos. It will keep the phone and PC synced.

Pls comment if you need pictures/screenshots to help you get a clearer idea.

How did you save them to the pc, did you use some kind of software or what software did you use.

Originally Posted by csandste
Doesn't Android copy every picture to Google Photos automatically? You should be able to get to your Google Photos account through your browser and just copy 'em down.

Used too. I think they stopped that.

Are the pictures in the gallery on the phone and/or Google photos? Those would be good places to look.

Originally Posted by Pew
Doesn't Android copy every picture to Google Photos automatically? You should be able to get to your Google Photos account through your browser and just copy 'em down.

Mine does. If yours doesn't you might want to turn that back on. I try to keep photos off my phoe. Not enough memory.

Originally Posted by Pew

Still does. You need to open up the Google photos app on your phone and if you've shut it off so it doesn't use data, have a wifi connection so it finishes syncing up the photos. Then you can just go to google photos on your pc and do whatever you like.

Since we don't know the method you used to download them, the generic answer is to take another picture and use the exact same process you used last time, but this time, notice what folder it's putting the pic into or at least the file name in case you have tons of JPGs so searching by filename makes it quicker.

Google photos, meh I don't see the point of this middle stage of slow uploading to a cloud then redownloading them to the PC. I guess if you're in no hurry then the sync of that could be convenient. If you just want to do it wirelessly you can use wifi and various apps to send them straight to your PC.

I'm back again and did a re-download of pictures. I had not set the debugging set properly..HOWEVER: I was able to only transfer about one half of the pictures before I got a pop up stating my demo had reached the limit and to proceed I must purchase a $30 upgrade. Darn it. Now what to do because I only want to do this once and not pay $30. Ed

Im still trying to figure out how to get pics to post in here,,,its only been 10 yrs +
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by Eddie
I can't figure out an easy way to post pictures on BITOG either so I gave up years ago. Waiting for a CUT & PASTE method. ed

04.gif

By default most downloads, including photos, go to the "Downloads" folder. Open File Explorer. "Downloads" is usually listed in the left pane with a big blue arrow pointing down as it's icon

Last edited:
I can't figure out an easy way to post pictures on BITOG either so I gave up years ago. Waiting for a CUT & PASTE method. ed

Hit the upload inline image(s) button when you are editing a post.

It's two icons to the right of the smiley icon

Eddie, what phone brand and model do you have? Also, what computer and which version of Windows?

I'm back again and did a re-download of pictures. I had not set the debugging set properly..HOWEVER: I was able to only transfer about one half of the pictures before I got a pop up stating my demo had reached the limit and to proceed I must purchase a $30 upgrade. Darn it. Now what to do because I only want to do this once and not pay $30. Ed

Copying pictures from phone to PC is free.

Sounds like you got suckered into installing some third party app that is now trying to scam you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back