Heaviest 5w-30 Synthetic?

Generally 30w oils which are ACEA A3/B4 or C3 are on the heavy side. These are your Euro spec oils (BMW LL01/LL04, Benz 229.50/51, Porsche C30, etc)

Redline maybe Amsoil has some oils on the thicker side for their weights.

Last edited:
I think there is a way to sort oils on pqia site by their viscosity, hang tight...

Maybe not. PQIA site has changed so much, I think that feature went away.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Propflux01
Can anyone tell me what synthetic is "thickest"? I.E. highest range on the 30 side?

Judging by your Korean models in your Signature and probably needing SN Plus ....
Quaker State Ultimate
Rotella Gas & Truck
Google both for data sheets.

However, Thickest is not Bestest. If it were, both of my Korean vehicles would be using ^^those-2^^

In mid-priced ($23-$35) 5w30s I like - in no particular order....
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum
Pennzoil Platinum
Mobil-1 AP
Mobil-1 EP
Valvoline Modern Engine
Valvoline Advanced
Kendall GT-1
Castrol Edge EP
Mag-1 Synthetic (I found at NAPA)

It's my Fine-As-Wine 9...... without the need to take a loan-out, for five quarts of TGDI / GDI oil.

Last edited:
Mobil1 High Mileage, they're not 5w30, but the Euro spec'd 0w30 oils tend to run on the thick side closer to a 40.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Isn't Edge and QSUD on the thicker W30 side?

around 11CSt, more Middle of the road, unless you're talking about the A3/B4 or C3 EDGE those are closer to 12.

Pennzoil Euro L is suppose to be a thicker 30wt. Running it in my STI for that reason while in warranty. Still need a UOA on it since switching.

Pennzoil Platinum Euro's are thick, the 5W-30 is around 13.2Cst. 0W-30 is also thick. Shella RGT 5W-30 is 11.7cst as is Mobil 1 HM...

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

It's my Fine-As-Wine 9...... without the need to take a loan-out, for five quarts of TGDI / GDI oil.

That's funny...

I'd also add Delo XSP 5w30, it's about as thick as you can get without being technically being a sae40.. it's a 100c 12.1cSt, 3.5hths with a tbn of 10. And dual rated...

Back