Tinted my DRLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got a chance to install these amber Lamin-X tints that've been sitting in my garage since the holidays. My phone's camera blows but the look is more of a golden-orange.

IMG_20200327_213923748 - Copy.jpg

I was going to ask why, but after seeing them done in yellow they actually look good.

Made me think of doing it to my Santa Fe, but they do not have them for my DRL, only driving lights.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Does look good. Too bad you didn't have before & after pics. Is this a stick-on/peel-off product?

Yes, Lamin-X is a stick-on/peel off product. It is basically a colored paint protection film, but the lighting applications tend to be thicker than regular paint protection film

Looks pretty good.

I've seen some examples of yellow films applied to a LED lamp and turning the whole thing into a sickening yellow-green shade.

Originally Posted by Dave_Mark
Looks pretty good.

I've seen some examples of yellow films applied to a LED lamp and turning the whole thing into a sickening yellow-green shade.

I *almost* ordered some but then this exact thought popped into my head.

I instead bought a giant bag of sweet n spicy beef jerky...

Looks pretty good.

Yup, this is exactly why I went with amber instead of yellow.
Originally Posted by Skippy722
I might get a set for my fog lights. Does it seem to drastically reduce output?

I also have these on my Pilot's fog lights (in yellow) and noticed no change to the output.

The heat from halogen fogs can create a burn mark on the tint, though. I don't expect this to be an issue with LED DRLs.

Looks pretty good.

it does this, yes. yellow tint on "5k" LEDS looks like a fluorescent yellow. I'm not a fan of blue anything, so from a usability standpoint I still prefer the amber tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back