Wash cabinet discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for suggestions for a new wash cabinet.
I used to have a top load Hotsy but have since ditched it because it was imho poor design and made a mess.
Seeking opinions on what is the best bang for the buck these days. Don't need a big one just one that would fit an engine block or a tranny case.
Looking at the bendpak 500 but 1hp seems a little small as even my old Hotsy had a 1.5.
Any opinions?

Not sure if you mean wash tank or whole parts cabinet. The race shop i worked for i think had a torin or Eastwood wash tank. Not sure of your budget but there are a couple of how to tutorials online on how to make your own.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Looking for suggestions for a new wash cabinet.
I used to have a top load Hotsy but have since ditched it because it was imho poor design and made a mess.
Seeking opinions on what is the best bang for the buck these days. Don't need a big one just one that would fit an engine block or a tranny case.
Looking at the bendpak 500 but 1hp seems a little small as even my old Hotsy had a 1.5.
Any opinions?

Do you want a new one or used? I would check your local CL. Sometimes you get old mechanics that are shutting down shop and you might be able to get something better.

I don't know anything on the subject.

We have been watching cL and fb but everything that has come up is junk or too small.

I guess we have different definitions of big..
A size that would hold an engine block or transmission I would call big
grin2.gif

Whats the next size? fit a whole car?
13.gif

Rand I would consider this a large aqueous wash cabinet. Ok?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Having a good heater & using good detergent (Zep) is more important than the pressure pump motor HP. You got to keep in mind you're running the heater/s & the pump motor.

You're speaking of the Ranger RS-500DS? I think you'll like that one! Very similar to mine but in stainless.

What HP is your unit?
How many jets?
Temperature?
What pressure does it run at?

Zep..... ha still have almost 2 full 5 gallon pails of the white zep powder.

Altec model# T-0100-MIDI
2hp
35 amps @ 240ac
19 jets (Single Spray Bar)
Not sure on the pressure, Doesn't have a gauge.

Here's the specs on the updated version of mine (T-0100-MIDI-PRO)
Electrical: 1 Phase - 50 Amps - 220V
Exterior H/W/D: 67" x 44" x 45"
Interior Height: 43"
Turntable: 30"
Capacity: 500 + Lbs
Tank Size: 50 Gal
Pump: 2 HP Gusher, 50 GPM, 55 PSI, Ph
Double Spray Bar: 26 Brass V-Jet Nozzles
Electric Heater: 2 x 4500 Watt
Heat Up Time: 1-1/2 Hours
Heater Time: 7 Day
Turntable Drive System: Direct Gear Driven
Shipping Weight: 850 lbs

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ooo yeah good looking unit.
I like the 2 hp . That's pretty much the machine I'm looking for as long as it don't leak out the door like my old hotsy
Thanks for posting!

[Linked Image]

CLine is this the detergent that you prefer?
How about a couple pics of the turntable drive system inside and out?
Do you like the wire brush drive or the corn planter chain?

I use that & the Zep Professional version. Both work well.

Wire brush drive is easier to repair, Though I haven't had to replace many brushes or motors, Usually the "Kick-Out" spring will break before anything. There are some direct drive type systems out there.

If you buy a new, quality machine....I don't see it having issues in your lifetime, Most of the issues I've seen are caused by employee neglect/abuse.

In my family's diesel shop, we made a parts washer once from a 275 gallon home heating oil tank. We cut a big door from the top down to the middle of the front. We welded in angle iron to hold the shelf. Pump, filter system... It wasn't heated. Would have been nice. We used to wash cylinder heads and all sorts of smaller parts in it. We never had a problem but later, we added a fire link so the door would drop closed just in case.
Now they have a Jet Wash. Much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back