It's getting too hot...

It's getting to hot to detail more than one car at a time. High of 87 today, and I felt it. I cleaned up my moms Terrain today after being unavailable to do so for a number of months. She has hand washed it a couple of times since I was last able to get my hands on it. Props to her! I told her no automatic car washes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jealous of the weather, looks good though

But BLACK ON BLACK car in Florida with no additional tint
shocked.gif
very brave

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
That's okay a GMC isn't worth being detailed.
grin2.gif

Don't you drive a Dodge?

Originally Posted by JEL01
Jealous of the weather, looks good though

But BLACK ON BLACK car in Florida with no additional tint
shocked.gif
very brave

Indeed. I had a black Accord as my first car, I told myself never again. Now I detail this 🤪. Happy to help family though.

Very nice … my last GMC was black … with black leather … whew, didn't want to shop too long !
Went with silver and black cloth on newest … First time I have had cloth in years but I like it Ok.

Indeed it does look great.
I found that when I was in FL, washing a vehicle when it's hot, or weather forecasting a hot day is to start no later than 7am. And it's only March. In later months, I'd start even earlier. I may even do the interior the day before and then knock off the exterior the next day.

Last edited:
Looks good, it's 40 and raining where I am. Also allergy season has just struck...to be followed by our rainy season. New England weather is the absolute worst.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Why do people who live in Florida complain about the heat? I don't recall folks in Phoenix saying anything and it's much hotter there.

It's humidity in Florida, a totally different experience than Phoenix.

I've stood in Phoenix weather where it was 90 degrees and thought it was 60, hardly breaking a sweat. If you stand in 87 degree weather in Florida (or anywhere on the East coast), the humidity will leave you soaked and gasping for air. The air is wet and heavy. Totally different than the dry heat of Arizona.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Railrust
Originally Posted by atikovi
Why do people who live in Florida complain about the heat? I don't recall folks in Phoenix saying anything and it's much hotter there.

It's humidity in Florida, a totally different experience than Phoenix.

I've stood in Phoenix weather where it was 90 degrees and thought it was 60, hardly breaking a sweat. If you stand in 87 degree weather in Florida (or anywhere on the East coast), the humidity will leave you soaked and gasping for air. The air is wet and heavy. Totally different than the dry heat of Arizona.

Well then, they should complain about the humidity.
lol.gif
I hate it and I'm 1000 miles north.

The temp can be 100F in the summer & if you are in a breeze & in the shaddy side of a building , it does not seem that hot .

I don't complain about the heat or humidity in FL, I moved here from the blue ridge mountains of VA where I was born and raised and hated it for all of my 40 years. I'll take these few months of heat over the 6 months of cold any day!!! I love to sweat and push mow my lawn in the middle of the day for exercise!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
I don't complain about the heat or humidity in FL, I moved here from the blue ridge mountains of VA where I was born and raised and hated it for all of my 40 years. I'll take these few months of heat over the 6 months of cold any day!!! I love to sweat and push mow my lawn in the middle of the day for exercise!

I live in the Blue Ridge mountains of VA and these days it's more like 2 months of cold.

Nice job greg! Keeping a black car in perfect condition is a second marriage. I had one and it cooked me trying to keep it perfect. Never again. It's commendable your taking such good care of your moms car.

Back