Joe Diffie has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a little bit ago country music star Joe Diffie died today. May he RIP, and he was 61 years old. I loved listening to him on the radio growing up.

That was quick? I thought he just came up positive with Covid-19? Hate to hear that he's gone, to early.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Yep, I was working in Kentucky in the 90s and he was very popular. RIP Pickup Man.

Pops and I liked him

Originally Posted by P10crew
John prine is down as well with corona like symtoms

frown.gif

Yeah sad...

Questions I have are....

What was his medical history???

Any history of respiratory issues ??

Or any conditions that suppressed his immune system??

Because I'd bet a whole lot of money..... He had a good amount going on....

Most people don't want to hear this.....

My parents being certainly included... My mom who's 70... My step father who's 71... Your parents or Grandparents over the age of 60+ years who have a lot of serious medical history and issues....

Are only a infection or so away..... From leaving this world...

And that is a fact. . .

Whether it be a urinary tract infection that causes them to become septic.... Or respiratory infection that does the same... Or a post operative infection that becomes severe and septic .... Or the very rough norovirus.... Or this situation with JD....

And.... That this nation has a LOT of people fitting that profile... A LOT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah sad...

Questions I have are....

My parents being certainly included... My mom who's 70... My step father who's 71... Your parents or Grandparents over the age of 60+ years who have a lot of serious medical history and issues....

And that is a fact. . .

Whether it be a urinary tract infection that causes them to become septic.... Or respiratory infection that does the same... Or a post operative infection that becomes severe and septic .... Or the very rough norovirus.... Or this situation with JD....

Yeah, we get it. It's going to be a real poop storm-worse than folks expect.

Would much rather talk about the man than the movement though......

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Yeah sad...

Questions I have are....

And that is a fact. . .

Yeah, we get it. It's going to be a real poop storm-worse than folks expect.

Would much rather talk about the man than the movement though......

Actually....

I don't think that..... I believe the opposite actually...

In fact I think it will be not be DEFCON 1 type deal....

Last edited:
I knew the Diffie family very well when they lived in Wisconsin. His mother was my P. E. Teacher and his youngest sister Monica was in my class until they moved back to Oklahoma.
Joe was a [censored] of football player and when ever I stopped by the house his guitar was always near by.
Joe came back a number of times to perform at our little town celebration.
He will be missed.

Per Fauci, depends on the preemptive measures taken. Ignore it like it's "no big deal" and don't plan and take measures, and things could get bad.

RIP Joe.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Per Fauci, depends on the preemptive measures taken. Ignore it like it's "no big deal" and don't plan and take measures, and things could get bad.

RIP Joe.

Did I say to do absolutely nothing.... Ahh no...

Though let me tell you something....

You walk around every every single day.... With and around people with infectious processes going on.... Every day...

You don't know it or know what is going on with them... But you do...

And some of those are quite tough... If you were to get one... You want to get a PICC line in for IV antibiotics... After a "routine" surgery????

Yeah .... Happens a whole whole lot . .

And for older people plus 60.... In that exact circumstance... Some don't make it....

Last edited:
Well how did this get by without a lock? If he'd died from seasonal flu it would have been allowed. But certainly not the disease we dare not speak. Maybe they didn't autopsy him correctly and it was flu after all.

Originally Posted by csandste
Well how did this get by without a lock? If he'd died from seasonal flu it would have been allowed. But certainly not the disease we dare not speak. Maybe they didn't autopsy him correctly and it was flu after all.

Google it, and you'll see.

Actually... Look at your states department of health....

And everything within this country only..

Last edited:
I think the point that bbhero is making is that this thing is getting people who aren't in good health. Folks who have smoked for years and years, drink heavily, bad diet, usually 40 or more pounds overweight, maybe diabetic, hard-partying lifestyle...

Unfortunately it's also getting those whose bodies are weakened due to pre-existing disease - cancer, auto-immune, etc.

Also, it's highly suspected that women tend to fare better than men. My speculation is that estrogen helps keep the heart and arteries and lungs from stiffening up and getting hardened. Ever notice how your wife/daughters/sisters can almost always bend over and touch their toes without bending their knees, and you can't? That's the estrogen, keeping their tendons, cartilage, and joints limber. Same reason women have softer skin and hair, also. Their bodies being steeped in estrogen keeps everything soft. Unfortunately there are negatives to it as well - osteoporosis, varicose veins, cellulite, to name a few.

Point is, keep yourself healthy. It's a great time to quit smoking and cut back on heavy drinking, start eating more healthy, and start exercising. Especially cardio - stuff that strengthens your heart, lungs, circulatory system. It's the folks who have a strong cardiovascular system and lungs who will fare the best through this. And, none of that is ever bad advice, Kung Flu or no Kung Flu.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
I think the point that bbhero is making is that this thing is getting people who aren't in good health. Folks who have smoked for years and years, drink heavily, bad diet, usually 40 or more pounds overweight, maybe diabetic, hard-partying lifestyle...

Unfortunately it's also getting those whose bodies are weakened due to pre-existing disease - cancer, auto-immune, etc.

Also, it's highly suspected that women tend to fare better than men. My speculation is that estrogen helps keep the heart and arteries and lungs from stiffening up and getting hardened. Ever notice how your wife/daughters/sisters can almost always bend over and touch their toes without bending their knees, and you can't? That's the estrogen, keeping their tendons, cartilage, and joints limber. Same reason women have softer skin and hair, also. Their bodies being steeped in estrogen keeps everything soft. Unfortunately there are negatives to it as well - osteoporosis, varicose veins, cellulite, to name a few.

Point is, keep yourself healthy. It's a great time to quit smoking and cut back on heavy drinking, start eating more healthy, and start exercising. Especially cardio - stuff that strengthens your heart, lungs, circulatory system. It's the folks who have a strong cardiovascular system and lungs who will fare the best through this. And, none of that is ever bad advice, Kung Flu or no Kung Flu.

While I applaud the "keep yourself healthy" point, John, it's specious to suggest that it's getting only those who are not healthy, or young, or female.

People who are in perfect health and in their 20s and 30s have died from this. That's a fact. All age groups, all health conditions, are being affected.

Risk appears to be increased with age, being male, being overweight, and with pre-existing conditions, but don't fall for the false narrative that this is an old, or male, or unhealthy lifestyle disease.

It is a threat to everyone.

With that, since we've started talking about COVID-19, I'm going to lock the thread, and go fire up "John Deere Green" on the blutooth in the shop.

cheers,
Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back