ACDelco Oil filter date code

I recently purchased a couple acdelco filters for my Suzuki Samurai from Rockauto. These were listed as normal inventory, not wholesale closeout, but I suspect they are pretty old. Can anyone decipher this date code? Copyright on the box is 1995.

date code.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
the 74th day of 2011?

That would be me guess too.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
the 74th day of 2011?

I third this suggestion. I recently bought some from Amazon that have 19130AB 11:09 which I interpret as the 130th day of 2019.

Edit: it is disappointing getting old parts but I don't think ACDelco has changed much in 9 years. They will be fine as long as the seals are good.

Last edited:
Thanks all. 74th day of 2011 was my guess as well. I honestly have had more wins than losses with Rockauto, so I'm not mad about this. They were under $3 a piece. I may cut one and post just for fun. I don't love the idea of risking an engine on a 9+ year old filter just to save $5. I thought it was interesting that acdelco even offered such a specific filter application these are only listed for samurai's and trackers..

Weren't the Geo Trackers and Suzuki Samurais either designed/marketed with GM/Toyota help?

What stinks about RockAuto's "deal" with their oil filter warehouses is the apparent approval of them to sell damaged and old stock.
I received a slightly dented Hastings oil filter which came with a slip of paper telling me I couldn't return it.
Ergo they knew it was dented when they pulled the part off the shelf.

In another case, their Denso warehouse sent me two cartridge filters with the wrong O-ring. I discovered it "too late". Denso said they couldn't help and RA said they wouldn't.

End of the world?, no. Like their dishonest multiple warehouse shipping add-ons, you have to take this into consideration when deciding to buy from them.

Guess what.....we still buy from them. Remember what people said about Walmart or Amazon? They're too big....unfair to the little merchant....yet we buy from them.

Originally Posted by RyanY
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
the 74th day of 2011?

I third this suggestion. I recently bought some from Amazon that have 19130AB 11:09 which I interpret as the 130th day of 2019.

That's also possible. Fram uses the same kind of date code format. However, it seems strange that AC Delco would still be using boxes that were designed in 1995 for filters made in 2019. The "9" could also be for 2009.

11074FF 13:53

11 = 2011

074 = 74th day of year (Julian date)

FF = I can't remember this one. Might be a mfg line code and/or shift code. Has to be on the web somewhere.

13:53 = 24H time the filter came out of assembly and got painted. Not nec. when it was "made" but gives mfgers a decent window of time for quarantine & investigation in case there's a QC issue.

Last edited:
Back