Graphene the next detailing protection

Like I mentioned in that other thread, another contrived application for the substance that has no real uses. This one is particularly goofy.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Like I mentioned in that other thread, another contrived application for the substance that has no real uses. This one is particularly goofy.

Ya, I'm sure you could get a better shine with Palmolive and hot water....right??!

Originally Posted by domer10
Ya, I'm sure you could get a better shine with Palmolive and hot water....right??!

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I do know something about graphene. I spent nearly 10 years of my life in a corporate research laboratory studying carbon chemistry, and graphene is indeed a wandering soul looking for some relevant application. This is not one of them.

What on earth is graphene doing in an automotive detailing product?

This is some ridiculous, specious marketing.

Another scheme to separate fools from their money.

Let the Pro Detailers be the judge. Product is new Ceramic was the big talk in town with detailers time will tell if graphene is marketing or not.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Lots of detailing forums have had these Graphene threads. It's been rebuked everywhere.

Product is still new most of those haven't tried it of course anytime something is new like that you'll have a negative feedback some have pride, detailing can be very personal emotional thing for professionals . Time will tell I don't go over board over it but if a product does as claim I'll be looking into it.

Originally Posted by anndel
Collinite 845 is my graphene.

You sound like a supermarket type but that's alright. There are a lot of excellent products on the market I'm not in a rush these type of (graphene) products need to have reviews from the Pro's to kick in just like ceramic stuff see like Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic on a consumer level.

Prices are high now but with competition and consumer demand prices will go down.

Prices will go down when people find out that graphene doesn't make any difference.

By criticizing other members who aren't "professional" detailers, but have degrees in chemistry, you simply prove my contention:

this is marketing.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Prices will go down when people find out that graphene doesn't make any difference.

By criticizing other members who aren't "professional" detailers, but have degrees in chemistry, you simply prove my contention:

this is marketing.

Then why do you not put your chemistry degrees to use, and please explain/prove to us people who do not have said degree as how this is product is just marketing, as opposed to any other product.

I'm not buying in or out of this hype, but I'm not buying into the constant rebuttal of I have a "degree" case closed.

Because I know plenty of people who paid to get a piece of paper and automatically assume they are smarter than anyone else over and above Their degree.

Originally Posted by Touring5
I've heard it said about graphene: "It can do everything but get out of the lab". lol

Exactly what I meant when I called it "a wandering soul looking for some relevant application."

Give it a couple of years and another catchy techno-buzzword will be emblazoned on similar products.

Because I know plenty of people who paid to get a piece of paper and automatically assume they are smarter than anyone else over and above Their degree.

Just like I know people who believe stuff that is outside the bounds of physics, yet steadfastly stick to their convictions despite careful and detailed explanations to the contrary.

You're correct that all kinds of people speak beyond their technical competence. It's nothing new.

Originally Posted by Astro14

this is marketing.

Then why do you not put your chemistry degrees to use, and please explain/prove to us people who do not have said degree as how this is product is just marketing, as opposed to any other product.

I'm not buying in or out of this hype, but I'm not buying into the constant rebuttal of I have a "degree" case closed.

Kschachn already did.

My degree is in astrophysics.

Doesn't make me smarter than everyone, but in several decades of seeing things come and go, of real world experience failing to live up to marketing hype, I am a sceptic on many things. I'll bet my "hogwash" detector is a lot more accurate than yours.

And this is hogwash.

But go ahead.

Feel free to buy it, use it, and report back.

Use your money on this product. I won't be using mine.

Last edited:
Back